The competition that dumped Xbox LIVE Arcade game Dash of Destruction from its fiery uterus is still a thing that is happening. In fact, “Unlock Xbox” sponsor Doritos announced this morning the eight quarter-finalists for the ongoing second competition. The list is as follows:
- Arak Attack by Samuel Gaultlent of Bellevue, Nebraska
- Avatar Crash Course by Jill Robertson of Raleigh, North Carolina
- Fowl Play by Matt Kurtz of New Haven, Indiana
- Harms Way by Justin Carpenter of Ogden, Utah
- Have A Ball by Keith Nelson of Spokane, Washington
- Skies Ablaze by BJ Chavez of Waskom, Texas
- The Artifact by Jonah Masse of Dixmont, Maine
- Thrown by Jason Santaman of San Diego, Calif.
Each of these creators are receiving a “prize package” worth around five grand, according to the Doritos press release. What is in these packages is unknown, but we’re guessing bags and bags of orange dust wouldn’t be excluded from the winnings.
Interested in the games? Hit up the “Unlock Xbox” Web site, learn about the games, and vote for one before December 31, 2009 if it tickles your fancy. Apparently, there’s a chance you could win a copy of Halo: ODST or an Xbox 360 Arcade for being a good American (or whatever) and rocking the vote. Neat.