Destructoid's PAX Prime 2014 panel: Video Games Are Stupid
'The Inherent Silliness of the Medium'
The PAX Prime 2014 panel schedule is live! This year for Prime we're going to host a panel that's more focused on the videogame industry as a whole instead of just talking about us and whatever is going on with the site. So join us for "Video Games Are Stupid: The Inherent Silliness of the Medium."
"In Heavy Rain, we changed a diaper. In Fallout 3, we cured a broken leg by eating mashed potatoes found in a toilet. In Bioshock Infinite, we stole a hot dog from a dead man's pocket, and ate that too. In Gone Home, we picked up everything we could and threw it on the floor, like a toddler or chimpanzee. Sometimes it's the game that's silly, and sometimes it's the player. Join us as we reflect upon some of the more absurd moments from our time spent exploring virtual worlds."
Max Scoville wrote up that description and he's going to be our main host right alongside Bill Zoeker. Plus we'll be joined by special guests Anthony Carboni, Adam Kovic from Machinima, Jack DeVries, and some other surprise guests (maybe).
As for the rest of PAX, here's the schedule. It's worth pointing out that this year there are panels that are rated ages 13 and up only. Makes sense given the context of some of the content. You know, like with the Killing Floor 2 panel for example. Kids don't need to see that.
Setup email comments
- 10AM @ Sandworm Theatre: Volition to reveal an upcoming project. Saints Row related?
- 10:30AM @ Wombat Theatre: Tripwire Interactive's Killing Floor 2 panel
- 5PM @ Main Theatre: Assassin's Creed Unity panel.
- 10AM @ Sandworm Theatre: How Media Molecule made Tearaway
- 10:30AM @ Hedgehog Theatre: First look at Camp Santo
- 11AM @ Main Theatre: Halo and the Journey of The Master Chief
- 12:30PM @ Sasquatch Theatre: Firaxis Games Mega Panel
- 4:30PM @ Main Theatre: Grim Fandango: Bringing the Dead Back to Life with Tim Schafer
- 10AM @ Hedgehog Theatre: The Game Industry Rumble! Live on the N64!
- 10:30AM @ Main Theatre: Inside Gearbox Software
- 11AM @ Sasquatch Theatre: Destructoid Presents: Video Games Are Stupid: The Inherent Silliness of the Medium
- 12PM @ Hedgehog Theatre: So our game is called Destiny. Now what?
- 1:30PM @ Hedgehog Theatre: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis System Evolves Gameplay and Storytelling
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.