By popular request, I've dug through old hard drives and present to you Destructoid's classic Mega Man maker! This little app was originally published during PAX 2008 during a panel we gave about how important it is to create original content when starting your own gaming site. In the early days when Destructoid was a tiny Wordpress blog in the middle of nowhere. I would lose a lot of sleep trying to make oddities like this in hopes that someone would pause for a moment from viewing kitten photos and care about my little site. Sometimes it worked.
Unfortunately, this version is an internal build four versions before the finished product. It is going to be buggy as hell and the epic credits are missing, but the basic functions kinda work.
Next week we're back at PAX to talk about how much things have changed since our early days and also present something new, so until then please enjoy this little gem from our past. The janky coding was done by me (some features may not work, this was designed for a different version of our site), the music was made by Dale, and all of the sprite art by the multi-talented Jonathan Holmes. I'm lucky to be surrounded by such awesome people.
SO WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IT?
- Kill time and brain cells. You're not that busy at work anyway, right?
- Create a pretty convincing looking Mega Man boss in a few clicks
- Mix/match heads, bodies, feet, and accessories - over 250 bodyparts!
- Use the drawing brushes to doodle in your own haircuts accessories
(In before the "I drew Mega Man a penis d00d", plz keep it PG-13)
- Give your man a name, play his dramatic intro
- Be lazy - use the random button and we'll do the work for you
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.