Counter-Strike: Source to get a big update
Long live the king. Counter-Strike: Source is set to receive a major update in the near future that will add Steam achievements, a new "cinematic" death camera, new statistical screens, and a fresh "domination and revenge system."
According to the Steam page for the FPS, this update is live now for a select few. Valve opened up a beta for the billion-year old game this afternoon with the aforementioned content added -- which by the way, has come courtesy of a collaboration between Valve and Hidden Path Studios. But once the "limited time" beta is ended, Valve has promised that the update "will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam." NEAT.
Setup email comments
Update Additions List
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
- Incorporated many source engine updates
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.