Could a new Baldur's Gate be on the way?
A new teaser site has crept onto the thing we call the Internet, and it brings sultry promises of new Baldur's Gate content. The site plays music, has a few images, and bears a quote from Alaundo, but the stuff hidden in the source code brings the most interest.
As spotted on Eurogamer, the code contains several juicy references. Hardcore fans of the series ought to recognize such gems as:
- Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine.
- For years, I clung to the memory of it. Then the memory of the memory.
- And then... it returned. Better than it was before.
- Pore over the tapestries and works of art hanging from our walls if you wish, Child of Bhaal... perhaps you will find a clue. But patience, ah... patience would reveal it all.
- As the silver moon waxes and wanes, so too does life.
Meanwhile, gossip elsewhere suggests that Beamdog, a studio headed by former BioWare dev Trent Oster, is responsible for the site.
So, could a new Baldur's Gate be on the way? It's too early to tell, but it's looking quite possible indeed.
[Thanks to all who sent this in!] Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.