Sometimes you stumble upon some amazing unassuming browser games like Frog Fractions, and Cookie Clicker is no exception. Essentially, all you have to do is click a giant cookie to make more cookies, and use your currency to buy helpful upgrades (like Portals to the Cookieverse) and builders (like extra Grandmas). It adds a small strategic element to trying to get to the endgame, as you can choose to build more automatic cookie creators and just leave the game on, or upgrade your actual clicking ability and do it yourself -- or a combination of both!
It only came out last month, but it already has a cult following and a ton of fan art. The creator is planning on expanding it with dungeons and other crazy updates like Android and iOS versions (this game would be perfect for the mobile platform), so if you don't find it fun right now, check back in later!
Cookie [Cookie Clicker]
Here are some tips:
- Leave the game on in a visible tab in your browser, so you can see the cookie counter go up, go back, and adjust/buy accordingly.
- Put lots of stock in grandmas. There are a number of early upgrades that double the output of grannies, and they're extremely cheap to mass produce.
- Always save up and get at least one of each new tech, then spend some time upgrading/amassing the older tech. Once you get the cookie portal you're practically home free to buy up all the earlier upgrades, and are effectively at mid game.
- Decide your strategy early on and tech towards it to get to your goal faster. If you want to click a lot, tech into clicking -- if you want to just let it run on the side, tech towards productivity. Late game you will want to do both, as the "increase your click activity by .01 with every non-cursor upgrade" will vastly improving clicking.
- Your extra cursor upgrade doesn't max out at 50 when it rings around the big cookie -- it starts another outer wrap. As a side note, extra cursors aren't very good until late-game, when the CPS is particularly high.
- If you're wondering what "milk" is, it's unlocked by achievements. Click the stat button to find out a heap of them and go for 'em.
- You can export save files and import them if you need to restart or shut down your computer.
- Occasionally scroll horizontally through each subsection (not too often) to find golden cookies. Click them!