11:37 AM on 11.06.2006
Call it a case of too little too late, but Microsoft has announced
will hit Xbox Live Arcade this Wednesday -- the same week just about every major game is coming out for the 360. If there's one saving grace, it was confirmed that the game will indeed have online co-op (if it works) and enhanced graphics and sound. Check out what you get for a cheap 400 points:
• Players can opt to play the original arcade game or play in the enhanced mode with improved graphics and sounds
• Xbox Live Multiplayer: Battle all 8 levels together over Xbox Live, or locally on the same console
• Xbox Live features: Players can see how they rank against their friends with worldwide leaderboards and achievements
• 12 achievements: Contra offers achievements which range from straightforward to challenging for players of all skill levels
• New visuals: Enjoy enhanced artwork including rendered new bullet effects and explosions
Perhaps because it is only 400 points, it will seem more worthy when stacked up against the week's uber releases such as Gears of War
, Call of Duty 3
and Tony Hawk's Project 8
. You know, I loved Contra
back in the day, but after playing Gears of War
, what desire would I ever have to shoot little pellets in the air again?
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.