[Update: Contest over! Winners have been contacted via Dtoid PM.]
Our friends at Titan Books have hooked us up with three codes for The Art of Halo 4 and The Art of Dead Space digital editions! These enhanced editions contain all the gorgeous artwork displayed in the print versions, plus new, never-before-seen concept art, video interviews, and other interactive features!
To win one for yourself, just leave a comment below telling me which of the two series is your favorite. (This will serve as your entry for that book.) You have until the end of the day today to comment, and the contest is open to anyone who can redeem a US or UK code for iTunes.
More info for The Art of Dead Space:
An extraordinary behind-the-scenes multimedia celebration of the hugely successful horror gaming franchise, The Art of Dead Space Digital Edition is an innovative e-Book collecting interactive galleries, video interviews, 3D render videos and gameplay footage.
Paving the way for the future of digital publishing, the eBook edition of The Art of Dead Space features the pages of the print edition -- showcasing the staggeringly beautiful and gloriously gruesome concept art from Dead Space, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3 and the Dead Space graphic novels -- all of which can be pinch zoomed for amazing detail, plus never-before-seen additional galleries of concept art for the recently released Awakening DLC (following on from the story of Dead Space 3).
The Art of Dead Space Digital Edition also collects exhilarating gameplay footage, detailed 3D videos, and fascinating exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews with the brilliant minds behind Dead Space's design -- including Steve Papoutsis (VP/GM Visceral Games/Executive Producer, Dead Space 3), Alex Muscat (Art Director, DS3), Ben Wanat (Creative Director, DS3) and Ian Milham (Art Director, DS1 + DS2).
Never has an art book offered such breadth and depth of visual and interactive scope, allowing readers to immerse themselves in the universe of Dead Space and see gameplay spring to life from the very concept art that imagined it.
More info for Awakening: The Art of Halo 4:
Halo 4 -- the fastest-selling Halo title ever released on the Xbox 360 -- received outstanding reception from fans and critics alike. Celebrating the epic design of the bestselling fourth instalment in the iconic series, the Digital Editionis an innovative behind-the-scenes collection of interactive multi-media content.
Paving the way for the future of digital publishing, Awakening:The Art of Halo 4 Enhanced Digital Edition features exclusive video interviews with the creators, gameplay footage and interactive galleries set to an iconic background soundtrack.
It showcases behind-the-scenes interviews with the minds that conceived and created Halo 4's design, including John Liberto (Senior Concept Artist), Matt Aldridge (Lead Character Artist), Kenneth Scott (Senior Art Director) and Sparth (Lead Concept Artist).
Each page and image can be zoomed into to incredible detail, while the digital edition additionally collects interactive galleries of the intricately detailed concept art created for Halo 4, including the games' characters, weapons, vehicles, and environments.
Photo Gallery: (6 images)
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
1. Eligibility: destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person, with the exception of patron members who may enter contests by logging into their 'perks' page.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners, 548 Market Street #59757, San Francisco, CA 94104 USA. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total dick, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
This blog submitted to our editor via our Community Blogs, and then it made it to the home page! You can follow community members and vote up their blogs - support each other so we can promote a more diverse and deep content mix on our home page.
Parismio This is a PSA: Never trust anyone who doesn't wet their toothpaste before brushing their teeth! Those people are clearly evil and their waifus are probably shit too!Lawman Going back to Gravity Rush, I think I forgot how much I love it. The visuals, the interesting designs, the dreamy music, likable characters, and of course, just floating all over the place like it's no big thing. It blends together so well.Gamemaniac3434 One of my personal favorite pokemon. taterchimp I had a rough night and I hate the fucking Eagles, manNiwannabe Okay, here's one last Fuck, Marry, Kill to determine the truest of waifus. Donald Trump, Jed, Dreamweaver. Go.BaronVonSnakPak I don't normally bitch about life on the internet, but I need to vent. It's been a REALLY shitty week. Hopefully life's been treating my fellow 'toiders better.Torchman Mandatory readingJoe Parlock Ursaring is the best pokemon, followed shortly by Meganium. Duh.Roxas1359 Gotta go with Vaporeon as it is absolutely adorable and makes for a great Water-Type.
I'd upload a photo, but my internet is being screwy.
Torchman Regice!Jcan Cool site never heard of beforeTorchman absolutfreak My new least favorite type of team mate in Heroes of the Storm: they guy that declares the game is over after the enemy succeeds on one objective completion.Heat Gengar!! Poison type FTW!
ScionVyse Luxray is the only best Pokemon.The Dyslexic Laywer Quick post your favorite Pokemon!Nekrosys Hell yes. Nekro just pulled this from a Pokemon card booster pack. Don't judge me, I find the game to be fun, even if my deck is terrible.KnickKnackMyWack So I decided to tinker around with some assets in Source Filmmaker and make a still image. Kind of a Jurassic Park-inspired thing with dino assets from that Ark game. Care to offer some comments, critique, etc.?LaTerry I think I broke it...Torchman I have joined the discord group! Now I can call your waifu shit in more than one place!