[Update: Contest over! Winners will be notified via Twitter PM by the end of the weekend.]
Dyad -- Shawn McGrath's psychedelic, puzzling, "abstract racing game" for the PlayStation Network -- is finally out! PlayStation Plus users can expect a 20% discount off the $14.99 asking price, but an even better deal would be winning one of the 10 codes Destructoid is giving away!
Jonathan Holmes had a difficulttime putting into words exactly what Dyad is, so we're asking you for help! You've seen the videos and read the previews; how would you describe this crazy game?
To enter the contest, just do the following:
Follow @Dtoid and @DyadGame on Twitter.
Tweet the following: "#DYAD is [DESCRIBE THE GAME IN YOUR OWN WORDS] @Dtoid http://bit.ly/PdPyAh"
You have until 11:59 PM Pacific this Friday to enter, and you can try as many times as you'd like! We'll be hand-picking the winners, so be as creative and original as the game itself if you hope to win!
Winners will receive their codes via Twitter PM, so be sure to follow @Dtoid and @DyadGames or we won't be able to send them to you. Contest open to US residents (or those with access to a US PSN account) only. Best of luck!
1. Eligibility: destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person, with the exception of patron members who may enter contests by logging into their 'perks' page.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners, 548 Market Street #59757, San Francisco, CA 94104 USA. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total dick, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
This blog submitted to our editor via our Community Blogs, and then it made it to the home page! You can follow community members and vote up their blogs - support each other so we can promote a more diverse and deep content mix on our home page.
Pixie The Fairy Well, my Bloggers Wanted post is up, but it timetraveled back to Sunday behind Zetta's blog or will only post two days from now otherwise. Mrgrgr.The Dyslexic Laywer Yeah I still can't take the new Batman and Superman seriously, Batman just looks so stupid with his cowl lol.Amna Umen This near final build of Nuclear Throne is going to bring back my eye twitch.OverlordZetta When I was a lad, I loved this game something fierce. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Db0meYxl.jpg[/img] Anyone else ever play the tie in Small Soldiers games? Maybe it's nostalgia, but I remember them being not too bad.Torchman Finally got my surface pro 3. Holy shit I love this little guy. And Windows 10 is better than I thought.VIRGO Putting more effort into iOS game review than African American history book report. This is not what Dr. King died for. Or maybe he did, I wouldn't know because I'm not doing the book report. Wha-hey!!Lawman More info and footage on that cancelled first-person THQ Avengers game is shown. The heartache's still real.
http://www.gamezone.com/news/new-footage-of-cancelled-avengers-game-emerges-3430370Archelon TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: MUTANTS IN MANHATTAN IS NOW OFFICIALLY MY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF WHENEVER IT RELEASES! I DON'T CARE THAT WE KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT! DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!DailyFloze So just dropping in, just finished my first hands on with the new Bloodborne DLC..... in one word...Potatoes!!?
#theoldhunters #dropitlikeitsyarnham #aintnothinglikeafromsoftwarethingEdgyDude Indivisible's campaign just made it to $1.300.000! if you can back it please consider doing it.MeanderBot Slow day at work.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uikZWsH.jpg[/IMG]CoilWhine 22/31 missions completed on Prototype, fun game with a ton of destruction but crashes on my desktop PC and barely runs on my dad's laptop. And it's distracting me from playing more Fallout 4. But hey, I can slice+disguise as tank commanders and that's funVirtua Kazama Virtua Fighter month begins tomorrow! First blog will be coming sometime this week (mostly Wednesday).voex *Sigh* time to figure out how much a Fallout 4 capable PC upgrade is gonna cost me...ooktar Ordered this on Thanksgiving and surprisingly got here today. The case is amazing and Now I got all the Persona Cards.
[img]https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/B4Z4Z3j5SH26aWugi23k[/Jiraya You probably already saw this - but it is gold - Fallout 4 One Punch Man Mod
[youtube]https://youtu.be/IuPf8PdxXmc[/youtube]Solar Pony Django I just got my new Mega64 Blu-Ray! But now I have a problem... Do I watch that or keep watching Claymore...Gamemaniac3434 Hey, my new blog is up! A few days ago! Go read it!
Before......before its too late. Please.
*walls start crumbling, reality starts oozing out, things begin to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeAmna Umen Alright so I'm looking for a few games for my newly repurchased DS. I'm already set on RPG as it's all I have pretty much. Were there any good puzzle games? I've heard good things about Professor Layton.FlanxLycanth I made chocolate and banana cake because why not.