[Update: Contest over! Winners were EphemeralSynthesis and Yoran Li!]
Our friends at Perfect World Entertainment and Zombie Studios are smack dab in the middle of a pretty awesome Blacklight: Retribution contest called 30 Days of Fight. In a nutshell, one top player is awarded each day with a $1,000 prize, for a total of $30,000 given away by the end! To enter, all you have to do is hop on Steam and play some Blacklight: Retribution ... but before you do, keep reading!
In addition to 30 Days of Fight, the developer has also created an in-game weapon tag especially for Destructoid! And if that wasn't enough, they've given us two badass Blacklight jackets to give away!
The Destructoid tag, viewable in the gallery below, is so damn cute I wish I could have one in real life to hold the 97 keys I carry around because I'm secretly a janitor. As for the jackets, they were designed by the pros at Endless Ammo and are full-sized replicas of one found within the game itself. They also come with a Velcro Blacklight: Retribution patch and are valued at $290!
To win one of these bad boys, just boot up the game, strap on your free Destructoid weapon tag and film your best kill! Then, just paste a link to the video in the comments section below for all to see!
You can submit as many videos as you'd like, and the contest ends Friday, September 14 at 11:59PM Pacific. The Destructoid weapon tag should be unlocked later this afternoon. Good luck to you all!
Contests Official RulesNo Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: Destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where Destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9.Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; © printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners 580 Market Street #59757 San Francisco CA 94104. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, Destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total chode, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
|4:45 PM on 03.26.2013|
Blacklight dev: 'Sony is really in to win this one'
Sony revealed several more indie titles last night during the Game Developers Conference that are set to hit the PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3, and even PlayStation 4. Sony has been showing a lot of support to smaller devel...more
|8:30 PM on 03.25.2013|
Blacklight: Retribution is coming to the PlayStation 4
[Note: The images used in this article are from the PC version of Retribution.] Developer Zombie Studios has announced that its free-to-play first-person shooter, Blacklight: Retribution, will be coming to the PlayStation 4...more
|11:00 PM on 02.27.2013|
Blacklight: Retribution just got itself a horde mode
Zombie Studios's free-to-play FPS Blacklight: Retribution just got some brand new free content in the form of a horde mode. Onslaught sees up to four players working together to fight off wave after wave of zombies. Players ...more
|5:00 AM on 12.19.2012|
Blacklight: Retribution 'World's End' update coming soon
The "World's End" update for BlackLight: Retribution is coming out very soon, and is set to add a bunch of new stuff. Here's what you can expect: Two new maps called Decay and Trench New Hero class Chronos. He can hack cont...more
|2:00 PM on 04.18.2012|
Review: Blacklight: Retribution
When I first heard that Blacklight: Tango Down was getting a sequel, I was stunned. While the original game looked pretty, this particular reviewer found it incredibly tiresome and miserable to play. I was reluctant to tackle...more
|3:00 PM on 03.31.2012|
Preview: Going free-to-play with Blacklight: Retribution
Recently, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Zombie Studios creative head and lovely beard owner Jared Gerritzen to look at the new, free-to-play Blacklight game. When I say “Blacklight,” you might think of ...more
|9:00 AM on 02.19.2012|
Blacklight: Retribution set to open its doors soon
Blacklight: Retribution's closed beta wrapped up this week on Thursday. Now we can look forward to an open beta starting on February 27. The unwashed masses will be able to check out a bunch of new features such as three new ...more
|7:00 PM on 12.12.2011|
Discussion: How is Blacklight: Retribution?
Blacklight: Retribution is a free-to-play first-person shooter from Zombie Studios and Perfect World Entertainment, the publisher behind Rusty Hearts in North America and Europe. Last month, both I and fellow Destructoid cont...more
|9:30 PM on 12.09.2011|
Blacklight: Retribution dev diary details customization
The Blacklight development team is back with another video to follow their dev diary video series. Before, they just showed off their own excitement, and talked about the technology and art behind the game. This time, they t...more
|10:00 PM on 05.21.2013|
Dota 2 breaks own record of most concurrent Steam players
Valve's free-to-play, high-skill-ceiling MOBA Dota 2 has set a new record for most concurrent players on Steam, with an impressive 329,977 players at once. The last game to set the record was something called "Dota 2," w...more
|5:00 PM on 05.17.2013|
Review: Dust 514
Dust 514 is one of the most ambitious games of all time. Not content with just offering a shooter within the EVE Online universe, CCP Games seeks to actually connect the game to EVE itself, allowing both titles to influence e...more
|7:30 PM on 05.16.2013|
Star Trek Online adds a new preorder ship, goofy clothes
Star Trek Online is less than a week out from its latest big free content update, Legacy of Romulus, which, as may be expected, will introduce the playable Romulan Republic faction and a new line of Romulan Warbirds...more