$24.99 for three map packs
Season passes can be a gamble, even with higher-profile games. That's why I've yet to pay up front for content that might not turn out to be great despite the savings associated with doing so. Halo 4 will get in on that action with its War Games Map Pass, priced at $24.99 and included with limited-edition copies of the game (but not the Halo 4 Xbox 360 bundle).
This pass gets you three map packs -- due out around December, February, and April, respectively -- at 15 percent off. So, if you aren't the kind of person who gets obsessed over Halo's brand of multiplayer, this one's probably not for you. Concept art for some of the maps and more detailed descriptions can be found below.
\ We've blogged about this before: read (49) back stories
Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
- Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
- Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.
Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)
- Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline
- Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)
- Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
- Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.
Also included in the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass are two unique in-game helmets (‘Scanner’ and ‘Strider’) that feature new geometry, and an exclusive in-game emblem (‘Falcon’).
Tip: You can swipe photos or use your arrow keys