[Editor's Note: Every month, the Destructoid Monthly Musing topic gives community members the ability to have their work posted on the Dtoid front page. This last month, the Monthly Musing series took a break, but members of the community brought it upon themselves to create their own topic and do their own May musings. Guncannon did a great recap of all the blogs that got posted -- take some time to read them all. The official Monthly Musing series will return with a new topic tomorrow. Huge thanks to all the community members that set this up and participated!]
GamesAreArt introduced May's topic: write about how games have been connected with your family. So far, there have been a handful of submissions, but I'd say this is a situation where quality definitely makes up for quantity. The cblogs have been relatively quiet this month, so every Musing has gotten a fair bit of attention. The variety is astounding, covering children with parents, parents with their children, and siblings. I haven't seen one about gaming with grandparents yet, though I'm sure some of you have some interesting stories to tell.
Hit the jump to see what everyone came up with.
- Fame Designer started things off with an incredibly moving history of the gaming experiences he had with his late brother. I don't remember seeing that many comments and faps on a non-frontpaged musing before!
- fightmejimmy presented a series of funny and touching stories, related to specific games.
- Doctor m3ds shares how his dad got him into gaming, and the games he played with all his family members.
- Elsa has a fascinating and unique blog about her gaming experiences with her three dogs. It's really touching, and shows that gaming can be meaningful in a way you probably never considered.
- Enkido finishes off the topic with a look at what each member of his family thinks of gaming and what kind of games they're all in to.
Thanks again to everyone who participated and put this together!