Cave Story+ finds its way onto the Mac App Store
Cave Story has seen -- and is still seeing -- quite a few releases, but it is one of those games worth playing by all. Beyond this, more content seems to be thrown in with each version, so you won't hear me complaining. The latest is Cave Story+, which appeared on the Mac App Store today for $10.
- Original (320x240) graphics and upgraded "HD" graphics
- Remastered music as well as the original soundtrack
- Mix-and-match new/old artwork and music!
- Six new play modes (including Wind Fortress, Boss Rush and more!)
- Over 20 epic boss battles through Mimiga Island
- 15 levels to explore in the vast world
- 10 unique weapons to find and upgrade
- USB controller compatibility
- Four unique endings
- Future content updates
Wind Fortress is a new level created by the mastermind behind Cave Story himself, Daisuke Amaya. Those familiar with the WiiWare version of the game will see a lot of similarities here, but I figured it was worth listing those bullet points for everyone who doesn't have near-encyclopedic levels of videogame knowledge. Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.