Boy snorts Ritalin to play Xbox 360, gets f*cked up - destructoid
Site Beta in Progress Plz pardon our dust   |   Feedback

Boy snorts Ritalin to play Xbox 360, gets f*cked up

12:45 PM on 08.08.2011

Jim Sterling

Former Reviews Editor


Most gamers will grab an armful of sugar and energy drinks if they need to keep awake during a monster play session, but for one New Zealand high school boy, that wasn't enough. He decided to inhale a load of Ritalin to enhance his Xbox 360 time, and it didn't end well. Who could have guessed?

The boy as admitted to hospital, "White as a sheet and hyperventilating" after snorting the prescription drugs through a "makeshift device." The Ritalin was obtained from a classmate and the boy admits he's been on it for some time, inhaling it from a stripped-down pen nub.

"Being such a traumatic, emotional experience of thinking my boy was dying, to 'he is snorting drugs,' put me in shock," said the father, who has managed to remain anonymous alongside his son. "... If [parents] have Ritalin in their houses it needs to be kept in a secure place. They all think their kids are angels."

Today we have learned that slurping a bunch of drugs up your nose to play videogames is not a good idea. We dodged a bullet there, right guys?

Bad Idea: Snorting Ritalin and Xbox 360 Gaming [GamePolitics]


Get comment replies by email.     settings



Unsavory comments? Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderators

Can't see comments? Anti-virus apps like Avast or some browser extensions can cause this. Easy fix: Add   [*].disqus.com   to your security software's whitelist.




Ads on destructoid may be purchased from:



Please contact Crave Online, thanks!


MORE FROM destructoid



Back to Top