Starting today, you'll be able to pick up the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack for Borderlands 2, which raises the level cap from 50 to 61 and a free update that unlocks a third playthrough mode. If you're a Season Pass holder, you can get the level increase for free, but otherwise it'll cost $4.99 (400 MSP) -- um, what?
This is a really weird business practice, as I don't think I've ever seen a level cap increase as paid DLC. Nonetheless, if you're itching for more Borderlands 2 and are tired of your maxed out characters, this is your chance to get back in the game and start a brand new playthrough.
The free patch also adds the following updates:
- Adds new items to the Black Market:One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.