I got a lot of work done on The Retroforce over the long Labor Day weekend. But unfortunately, things have come to a temporary halt as I spent all last week moving. The cab has survived the move with only a minor scratch, but it will eventually be covered by the side art so Iâ€™m not worrying about it. Anyway, on to the pictures!
Used some spray lacquer to seal the exposed sanded MDF.
My â€śDestructoid-greenâ€ť t-molding arrived just in time!
Retroforce, meet Retro-Prime!
This is towards the end of a two-day long cycle of paint-sand-paint-sand-paint-sandâ€¦rinse and repeat. It was a lot of work, but it looks fantastic! All glossy-like :)
So after everything was all dry, I started to attach the t-molding. Since I didnâ€™t have a rubber mallet, and since the stores were closed, I had to improvise. A little Yankee ingenuity later, and you have a rubber mallet replacement! (aka: a hammer wrapped in a towel)
Sorry for the crappy photo... I cut a notch in the t-molding to go around the corners.
Installing components, beginning to wire it up!
Ground wire is daisy-chained.
In the middle of wiring/packing, what a mess!
Here she is all rigged up and in a playable state at the old apartment, sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, my camera had already been packed away. Iâ€™ll take some photos of it in action in the new house when I get home tonight.
Hopefully Iâ€™ll get settled in the new place soon and I can continue work on The Retroforce. Hereâ€™s my remaining checklist.
-make a screen bezel
-buy plexi glass for the screen/bezel area
-cut plexi glass for the control panel
-rig up marquee light
-tidy up my game lists/install other systems