Game Systems I Own (In Order of Acquisition) Nintendo
Game of the Year Awards 2008: Braid 2007: Portal 2006: Half-Life 2: Episode One 2005: Psychonauts 2004: Half-Life 2 2003: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 2002: Metroid Prime 2001: Final Fantasy X 2000: Chrono Cross 1999: Final Fantasy VIII 1998: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 1997: Final Fantasy VII 1996: Super Mario 64 1995: Chrono Trigger 1994: Donkey Kong Country 1993: Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle 1992: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 1991: Super Mario World 1990: Super Mario Bros. 3 1989: Duck Tales 1988: Contra 1987: The Legend of Zelda 1986: Metroid 1985: Super Mario Bros. 1984: Castle Adventure
Honorable Mentions 2008: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, World of Goo, Fallout 3 2007: Super Mario Galaxy, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, BioShock, Mass Effect, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure 2006: Okami, Oblivion 2005: Shadow of the Colossus 2004: World of Warcraft, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Far Cry 2003: Beyond Good & Evil, Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic, Deus Ex: Invisible War 2002: Morrowind, Kingdom hearts, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Timesplitters 2 2001: Shadow Hearts, ICO 2000: The Legend of Dragoon, Vagrant Story, Perfect Dark 1999: Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings, Planescape: Torment 1998: Grim Fandango 1997: GoldenEye 007 1996: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG 1995: Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness 1994: Super Metroid, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge 1992: Super Mario Kart 1990: Star Tropics, The Secret of Monkey Island 1989: A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia 1988: Super Mario Bros. 2, Double Dragon, Mega Man 2 1987: Mega Man
1. I nearly drowned when I was two I jumped into the deep end of a pool when no one but my brother, who is only 15 months older than me, was around. Unable to swim I began to sink, but thankfully my brother held me afloat by my hair until my parents could come to my rescue.
2. I was expelled from high school as a sophomore One of my classmates, an all-around consummate jackass, stabbed himself in the hand with a pencil. As the wound began to bleed profusely a toadie of his suggested that he wipe his hand on my brand new suede jacket. I warned him in no uncertain terms that if he did such a thing I would beat the shit out of him. Once we were outside he smeared his bloody hand down the sleeve of my jacket. Being a man of my word I landed a glancing blow on the side of his head. Not liking the odds, his friend joined in, punching me in the back of head. I donít really remember a whole lot after that, but once the dust had settled they were both lying on the ground, one with a fractured cheekbone and the other a broken nose. Needless to say I was promptly dragged to the principalís office.
Now, I wasnít actually expelled, just suspended for two weeks. But considering those two weeks coincided with finals my grades were about to be seriously affected. So, I dropped out of school, took the SAT and went to college a year early.
3. At one point I was #17 on the Warcraft 2 ladder in Battle.net
4. Payne Stewart used to rent the house next to my childhood home in Augusta, Georgia during the Masters He was a really nice guy. Every year heíd come over and give my brother and I a modest gift or two, usually simple magic tricks, things I keep and cherish to this day. I always rooted for him in every tournament, and when he died in that freak airplane accident I actually cried.
5. I beat Castlevania II every day after school I guess I never realized how awful that game truly was because the only other game I owned was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I could never get past the third level in that.
6. I had an irrational fear of jellyfish I was stung by a jellyfish while on vacation at Kiawah Island when I was six. It was extraordinarily painful. A few years later we permanently relocated to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. I loved the beach and the ocean, but whenever I saw a jellyfish in the water I would flip out and make my way to shore as quickly as I could, never reentering the water again that day.
This pattern continued until about two years ago when I was stung on the upper thigh by a jellyfish. I was instantly cured of my fear because it barely hurt at all. Since then I hardly try to avoid jellyfish at all while swimming in the ocean.
7. I batted .864 with a 9-0 record as a pitcher in my last year of high school baseball
8. I was a vegetarian for five months last year I quit because a) I gained about twelve pounds (carbs are the easiest thing to eat as a vegetarian; everything else takes too much work) and b) I missed chicken too much.
9. I had a 4.0 GPA in college
10. World of Warcraft is the most fun Iíve ever had playing a videogame Yeah. I know. Itís not cool to like WOW or any MMO for that matter. But from November 2004 to February 2005 my brother and a good friend of mine leveled from 1-60. We never progressed without the other two present. We never grouped with anyone else. We three-manned every single zone and instance. And the stories we relate whenever we get together (which isnít nearly as often as it used to be) are priceless. I wouldnít trade those times for anything in the world.