Gamer Name: t3h_d0n (corrupt version of ďthe DonĒ)
Systems I own: NES, Sega Genesis, Playstation, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox, PC, Xbox 360, PSP, and a DS.
Favorite Genre: I play every genre as much as I can. I really donít have a favorite, but I have a tendency to play more FPS than anything. Lately though, I have been playing a massive amount of RPGs.
A Few of the Faves: God of War series, FEAR, Condemned, Mass Effect, Resident Evil series, Advanced Wars, Fire Emblem, GTA Vice City ( and let it be known that this is by FAR the best GTA in the series. The latest GTAs pale in comparison to the awesomeness of VC.)
Multiplayer Games Iím Playing: I was playing a lot of TF2, but with the release of all these single-player games like Fallout 3, I have pretty much completely forgotten about multiplayer.
Currently Playing: Half-Life 2: Episode 2 for the PC, Valkerie Profile: Lenneth for PSP, Mass Effect for the 360, and Killer 7 for the Gamecube.
Random Cable and Deadpool ftw. Cable is also my favorite comic book character
Ok, so Iím going to tell you a little about myself. Iím a video game enthusiast, but that is obvious. Iím an avid reader of books and comics. Currently reading Neuromancer by William Gibson and Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne in the book category and X-Men: Magneto Testament by Greg Pak (who is doing an incredible job with this series I must say) in the comic category. I love to read and talk about video games as much as I like to play them. Thatís why Iím here. Iím not all about video games though. I do that whole college thing. I play D&D when I get the chance, with Eberron being my favorite world currently. I go out and about in the city with friends all the time. I go to theaters often, both movies and plays. Also, I work a part-time job to keep my hobbies flowing strong.
Um, letís see here. Video games that have had a strong influence on me:
- Contra: The first video game I beat. Of course at the time, I didnít fully understand what I had accomplished, but looking back now I can see how it shaped some of my habits of today.
- Tomb Raider: I jumped from the Genesis to the Playstation with this being the first game I played of that new generation of consoles. The leap in graphics from the games I was use to playing to this was simply astonishing at the time. The story was compelling, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
- Metal Gear Solid: The beginning of one of my favorite series of all time. Iíve literally grown up with the Metal Gear Solid series. This game changed my whole perception of storytelling in a video game.
- Red Faction: This game showed me that multiplayer on consoles could be good. The geo-mod was one of the greatest things ever in my mind because you could tunnel into enemy bases or drop in from the ceiling with explosives, all kinds of things, so many options. Many great memories were had playing this amazing game.
- Quake III Arena: I live in a small town. One day as I was going down the main road in the town and I noticed a new business. It was a ďLAN cafť,Ē which I had never heard of before then. I went in and noticed there were computers all over the place. I forged so many friendships playing Quake in that LAN cafť. I canít even explain how great Saturdays were back in the day when that cafť was open. Mods helped Quake III more than anything, and we sure took advantage of it at that cafť. I also obtained my swearing habit while playing Quake III competitively.
- Halo: Iíve met a lot of my friends playing at a local hang-out that use to be in town. I would have never met them if it was not for Halo. I put in so many hours into that game; probably more than any game I have ever played. Fond memories are all this game brings to mind, and that is how it should be.
Well thats about it in a nutshell, drop me a message and we'll game sometime.