I am currently a 4th year media arts major at the Alberta College of Art and Design in Calgary, majoring specifically in 3d Animation. I also have passions for industrial design/ and also Marketing and business (specifically online). I work as a graphic designer and on the side I do 3d animation/modeling contract jobs for rich oil companies.
My favorite games have been J-RPG's ever since FF1. I also play way too much DoTA, if anyone wants a match me and my friends hang out in the channel "tex" in us west on some evenings. I used to play a lot of fps' back in the day (Which was a Wednesday, btw) but not so much anymore.
Final Fantasy games
Defense of the Ancients
If you have any questions about doing stuff in spore or 3d modeling in general feel free to ask, and I will hopefully be able to steer you in the right direction in the least.
1. I've been using the same screen name for 12 years, Quake 2 rocket arena all the way!
2. I have been to every continent sans Antarctica, and over the course of my life i have "lived" in five different countries around the world. Those countries being Scotland, Norway, Indonesia, Mexico, and finally Canada. My Dad works in oil and was an expatriate for the first third of my life until we finally settled in Calgary where I have been living for the last 15 years. (I used to have a bitchin Scottish accent for the first few years of my life, which has now faded away only to be witnessed from home movies)
3. I'm planning on moving to Japan in 2010 through the JET exchange program for a year or more depending if I like it or not. I think it will be a good change in lifestyle and I hope to level up in my surfing skills while I'm over there. Thinking of trying for a town near Kyushu and Chiba.
4. Family is very important to me. My brothers are "ballin' as fuck" and are no doubt one of the most important parts of my life. When we are all together most of the conversation is constantly interjected with random movie quotes such as "Let's see if these bastards can do 90" or "It's so early... can we get some coffee or somesing." I don't know where I would be without my brothers.
5. I go to Art School but I can't stand most of the art students. Most of them are 1 dimensional, ignorant, "I hate all things capitalist" douche bags. I do however connect with the instructors though because they seem to have gotten over this sentiment. Yay for graduation in 3 months.
6. I watch an unhealthy amount of Japanese tv show clips on youtube. My personal favourites right now is a series called Ayaka's Surprise English Lesson. View below! share my obsession get addicted! before you know it you will have watched 20 different segments!
7. I shower in the dark..... What were you expecting an explanation?
8. I love the residual smell of chlorine on the skin after one goes swimming in the swimming pool, I will honestly just put my hand to my nose for a good 10 minutes afterward whenever I go swimming or go in a hot tub.
9. My favourite food is a good old fashioned cheeseburger, straight up. Since I can't really think of anything else to extrapolate, did you know that Beethoven's favourite food was Macaroni and cheese?
10. I'm planning on driving down to PAX this year with Funktastic, so yoj1mbo since I don't really know you lets get some tequila shots!