UPDATE:The competition is now closed, results will be posted soon.
Hey Dtoid, Hank Hill here and as a few of you know I'm one of the admins over at the TF2 server. Well I had a crazy idea a few days ago and here it is. I have already installed a stat tracker, for the purpose of finding out who is the best among us. Why would I want to know who are the best TF2 players around? Simple, in the next two weeks I will be keeping track so I can reward them. Interested in getting something for playing a free game? Good.
So here's the deal, there are actually a couple of rewards for being in the top twenty on the server:
1) You will get to be a team captain for three rounds
1a) As a team captain you not only get to name the team, but you get to pick your players school yard pick style.
2) You will also be invited to play privately on the legendary Super Meat Boy map against some of the other top players.
3) And for the grand prize when the top two players have their match, the loser has to write a cblog about how awesome the other team (and its amazingly sexy and stunning captain) is, and how the loser fails so badly at TF2
4. Swishiee will photoshop the top five contestants into the TF2sdays spray and logo.
5. The top player will be put into the game Child Wrangler: le petit enfant de jour en Enfer
Think you can take arrows to the face with the best of 'em? Prove it.
Now before you guys start stuffing cotton in your stats there is a few ground rules I need to lay down:
- In order to be considered for this competition please post your steam name in the comments below so we have a way to contact the winners outside of steam.
- Team names are limited by TF2 itself to be only five characters long, so keep that in mind when picking, also if an admin has a problem with a team name you have to change it. It's a short list, so don't worry too much about it.
- Super Meat Boy can only handle four players at one time, so we will work with players to schedule time slots to play.
- Stats will be collected over the course of two weeks, and we will announce the winners before the TF2sday on July 10th, 2012 - If someone is found to be somehow cheating they will be punished, it shouldn't be an issue, but I have to say it.
- Haunter is the worst Pokemon ever.