The three new Medic weapons are.
For players that earn one third of the 36 new medic achievements, they will be given a new syringe gun. Called "The Blutsaugher," this new weapon no longer has the ability to score critical hits against an opponent. Instead it will draw health from enemies each time a syringe hits. Especially useful as a weapon to retreat away from the fight while staying alive.
Once a medic has earned two thirds of the achievements, they will be granted "The Critzcrieg." This new medigun uses its ubercharge not for invulnerability, but to give its recipient 100% chance to fire critical ordinance. Medics and the player they are charging need to be careful though, because as much fun as it is to fire critical rockets as fast as you can, the other team will see what you're up to and try to put a quick stop to your plan.
For the determined medic that has earned all 36 of the new achievements, they will find themselves the proud owner of "The Ubersaw," which will take damage done in melee attacks and convert it directly to ubercharge. Four hits with this new weapon will fully charge whatever medigun the medic has equipped.
While I like the first two and think that they can be balanced as of now I have no idea how they are going to balance that ubersaw. Unless they completely remove crits from it, it will be way overpowered.
What do you think?
My entry into the turning point rig contest, I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the photos I had to use my webcam and theres not much space here.
The system is composed of:
Apevia Jupiter Jr with 24cm side fan and 12 cm rear fan.
E6750 core 2 duo @ 2.66gHz and 1333 fsb
2 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM
320 gig 7200rpm hard drive
EVGA 8800GT standard clocking
Viewsonic VX1932wm 19" widescreen LCD monitor
I just went to go get brawl at my local gamestop which claimed to be part of the midnight release. I show up completely closed and empty. Wtf I wasted money taking taxi's to get to and from there for absolutely nothing. And of course the weather outside is not good at all its cold and very windy. Do you know how much fun it is standing outside for half an hour when its really cool and windy hint not fun. If gamestop thinks I'll just accept being outright lied to its got another fucking thing coming and it will be very lucky if it ever gets a cent from me again.
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
Added "Custom" tab to the server browser
* Servers can now specify metatags describing the custom rules they've adopted
* Players can use tag filtering to find servers running the custom rules they want to play
* Added options for servers who want to become custom games: Disable critical hits (tf_weapon_criticals), eliminate respawn times (mp_disable_respawn_times), and raise maxplayers above 24
Initial release of Tournament mode (mp_tournament)
* UI for handling team naming, ready mode, and win results
* Disables team player limits, autobalancing, and intermission
* Reduced Soldier's maximum rocket reserve ammo from 36 to 16
* Reduced Demoman's maximum sticky bomb reserve ammo from 30 to 16
* Reduced Demoman's maximum grenade launcher reserve ammo from 40 to 24
* Added protection against voice command spamming. Dramatic reduction in teleporters needed
* Fixed mp_timelimit ending the map during the middle of a round on maps like Dustbowl and GravelPit
* Fixed "lastdisguise" command not remembering if you were disguised as your own team
* Added "Toggle Disguise Team" binding in Options->Keyboard to toggle the disguise team for the Spy's PDA
* Changed PDA menus to accept keys bound to "slot1", "slot2", etc., and "slot10" cancels
* Fixed Spectator targetID not using team colors
* Changed team autobalance code to not balance the teams when the active round timer shows less than 60 seconds
* Fixed "-maxplayers" on the command line not correctly setting the maxplayers value for the server
* Fixed Badlands never having Sudden Death triggered
* Fixed Engineer being able to detonate buildings that are being sapped
* Changed Engineer buildings to detonate when a player disconnects instead of blinking out
* Fixed potential client crash for players being healed by a Medic or dispenser
* Made several improvements to server-side stat reporting (not related to individual player stats)
This update offers a lot of nice fixes to the game and yet people will still probably whine that blowing up buildings that have been sapped as an engineer somehow was an important part of the game. Someone call the Waambulance. Soldiers and demos shall storm with righteous fury for losing the ammo. This will also help me find servers using the settings I want pretty easily. Discuss.
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=news On Thursday, February 14 at 11 am PST, all PC versions of Team Fortress 2, the class-based multiplayer action game named PC Game of the Year by Gamespy.com, will receive its largest update since the product was first made available on October 10, 2007, as part of Valve's best-selling Orange Box compilation.
The free update includes global optimizations for networking, graphics, and player statistics, plus improvements to Source TV for tournament viewing.
In addition, three of the currently available maps (Dustbowl, Granary, CTF_Well) have been iterated for enhanced performance and gameplay.
The release is headlined by the introduction of “Badlands,” a new map that pushes control-point gameplay onto vertical landscapes.
Available free to all Team Fortress 2 PC gamers around the world automatically via Steam, the full update includes the following:
* Refactored how lightmaps are downloaded to the graphics card at level load. On some hardware configurations this can lower level load times significantly
* Optimized some particle systems to improve performance on some hardware configurations
* Player stats are now sent up as they change, rather than when the player dies
* Improved playback of sub-frame sounds
* Fixed a crash caused by alt-tabs during map load
* Eliminated unnecessary temporary memory allocation in scenefilecache
Team Fortress 2
* Badlands released
* Changes to Dustbowl
o Added a new access point to the stage2 attacker gates (drop-down left from spawn), allowing attackers a way to reach the left route without being subjected to the spam and sentry gun fire
o Fixed a gap in stage 3, cap 1 that allowed a player with to wiggle above the "ceiling" clip
o Fixed a gap behind stage 1, cap 1 house
o Fixed a high perch on stage1 cap1 house roof
o Fixed a perch offering view of nodraw textures and the skybox (stage1 cap2 rock barrier)
o Fixed a few places where rockets/demoman pipes could pass through non-solid models
o Sealed up a gap over stage1 lower startgate
o Clipped off tall windows in stage 3 to prevent sentry guns from behind built behind them
* Changes to Capture the Flag Well
o Fixed trains not starting on map spawn
o Removed cap association from red spawns that were spamming console
* Changes to Granary
o Removed spawn timing advantage from the middle (from -3 to 0)
o Fixed several model perch exploits (red, blue cp1 gate and blue cp2 gate pipe)
o Fixed a few places where players could get stuck between containers and silos
o Adjusted playerclips on red container that made it appear like players were floating
* Added a small delay (200 ms) before a zoomed sniper shot can get a critical hit
* Added server side convar mp_fadetoblack. Same functionality as Counter-Strike, used mainly during in-person tournaments and LAN events
* Added flamethrower "sizzle" sound when the Pyro is hitting a target
* Updated explosion debris to be a bit darker
* Fixed idle players not being kicked from the server if mp_allowspectators was set to 0
* Added ctf_well to the default mapcycle.txt file
* Added ctf_well to the default motd.txt file
* Fixed floor tile material type
* Fixed some weapon damage info missing from TF2 game stats
* Made some small changes to the Demoman viewmodel that were causing performance problems
* Added exec'ing a .cfg file on the client when you select a class to play.
* Added a new timer to the HUD to show the value of mp_timelimit. This is useful if you're playing a timed match on 2Fort, where you only set a timelimit on the server and no other win conditions.
* Added server log entry for buildings destroyed by their owner
* Fixed sentry gun shadows being clipped
* Updated glass material
* SourceTV now uses a hidden slot on the game server. This allows for 24 player servers to also have a SourceTV proxy connected to it
* Fixed Pyro's flamethrower flames not showing up in SourceTV
Surf your Music! Audiosurf Now Available for Pre-purchase
February 11, 2008, 12:16 pm - Eric Twelker
Audiosurf, Dylan Fitterer's innovative new title that allows gamers to "ride their music," is now available for pre-purchase via Steam. Save 10% when you pre-purchase before its official release on Friday, February 15.
Audiosurf is a music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience. The shape, the speed, and the mood of each ride is determined by the song you choose. You earn points for clustering together blocks of the same color on the highway, and compete with others on the internet for the high score on your favorite songs.
Audiosurf on Steam includes The Orange Box soundtrack, integrated with the game to enable "Still Alive" surfing and more. In addition, Audiosurf is one of the first titles to leverage the recently announced Steamworks, offering full support for the Steam Achievements that appear on Steam Community profile pages.
I can't wait to play badlands, sigh but I'll have to wait till friday to find out how awesome it is.
The title pretty much says it all. An interesting thing though is if you look at gamestop.com you'll notice that manhunt 2 is now cheaper then it was before. Link: link and according to that and IGN in america its coming out on the 29th instead of the 31st. Which sucks for me because I preordered it back in the day before any of the AO hit the fan, so I ordered at the gamestop at home. I'll pick it up the weekend after it comes out because I'll be going home for the weekend but its still a minor hassle. The good thing though is I walk in get the game and 10 bucks back.