Just saw this on the news at work and I read up on in!
The Dolphins followed a school of fish into a bay, they are assumed to be hungry. A storm came in and they now have became stuck due to the water freezing them in a little area just 100 feet from shore.
They are continuing to swim in circles to try and prevent the water from freezing but their area of water is getting smaller and smaller and if they are not rescued soon they might drown!
The dolphins can also be heard crying the entire time :(
Hopefully they save the little buggers, I hate seeing any animal in trouble!
Totally jumped on the bandwagon here, I was going to make a list with ten things but damn I had nothing to write in 10....
1) Besides video games, car stereos are a huge passion of mine and I actually had a complete car stereo before I even owned my first car and Iíve spent easily $10k in the past 9 years on said audio equipment. Iíve also attended around 15 or so competitions and I have 11 trophies and 5 certificates.
2) I am 23 and I am banker! Thatís right I screwed you ALL over..mwa ha ha ha. Kidding as I live in Canada and we are doing pretty darn good and I have not lost a second of sleep worrying if my job is in jeopardy. I did four years of college and I received my BBA with my major in marketing and yeah, I now bank, weird.
3) My lucky number!
Iím very empathetic and I get choked up easily, gotta problem? I got teary eyed at the end of Gran Torino and any sad chick flick (my GF likes em) Iíll be the one with watery eyes and not her. Hell, even if something overly happy happens Iíll tear up!
4) Iíve moved quite a bit in my life times, 9 times to be exact and I absolutely HATE IT!
5) I consider myself to be pretty artistic. I love to draw and sketch but I cannot get anything out of my head onto paper the way I want it to but I can look at a picture and re-create it. I love drawing cartoons but anything I try to draw that is life like (real people) = fail.
6) I love music, hence car stereos. I play guitar and piano and I am self taught in both areas. I can sit on my computer for hours making up stupid songs with audio programs. I love to tap and beat out rhythms and it annoys the crap out of anyone who can hear me as I guess I donít know when to stop.
7) Someone else on Dtoid is deaf in their right ear, well I am very hard of hearing in my right ear and I was born that way. You can also re-create this amazing experience by getting someone to cover their mouth with their hand and talk to you as thatís what it sounds like in my right ear, all muffled up.
8) My favorite sports are Volleyball, Basketball and Ultimate (Frisbee) I currently play Vball every Monday night after work and I hope to get in on some Ultimate this summer as I need to get into shapeÖ.
9) I have a man room, thatís right a MAN ROOM! Itís got my computer desk (computer as well), trophies, beer fridge, figurines, wall scrolls, movies and games in it!
After trying multiple time to net a Nariko costume for my GF via a trade I have decided that it is time to give away my spare Kratos costume pack code on the best site evar! So I will post a link below where you can go to enter to win at www.game.......I'm just messing with you.
Contest Rules 1) You must be a regular on this site and at least have an avatar and one blog. Simple as that and fail blogs don't count.
2) Make sure I am on your friends list for the PSN (ID: Saffron) as if you have LBP and you have yet to add me that's almost a fail right there. Need to do some x4 player stuff to get those pesky prize bubbles!
This came up when I search sackboy and it's pretty random and awesome so I used it.
How to win 1) Post a comment on why you deserve the code and after 10 comments, or 10 minutes of no one else posting I will send out the code via PSN to someone who deserves it.
I will drink beer and smash the bottles on my keyboard and whose ever name I can spell the closest with the keys that fall off will win. Actually this would be a pretty damn cool way to give stuff away....hrmmmm
A 25 year old man in Rome tried to stab a priest to death, this man told police that he was trying to imitate the movie "The Da Vinchi Code".......Now I know what you are thinking holy crap, not a video game?
Now it's not too often you hear about movies being involved to do with murders in the news as we are on a video game site but I'm sure we all know the REAL underlying reason is the video game and not the movie.....you wait and watch.
For those of you who signed up to the Good Old Games (GOG.com) Beta check your e-mails as the fun has begun! I checked before typing this and I could not find anything on GOG about discussing the beta as I did with Resistance 2 so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules......
The aspect of this site is to be able to purchase those older hard to find games at VERY reasonable prices and I must say, it is about time someone offered this! All the games offered on the site will cost either $5.99 or $9.99 with no added costs and this includes taxes.
"All the prices shown on our page are inclusive of value added tax (VAT) and sales tax. So it's always $5.99 or $9.99 per game, no additional costs!"
So there shouldn't be any reasons why you won't buy a game from GOG.com as pirating can no longer be an excuse when these games are made so easily accessible and at a nice price point.
Buying:Only Credit cards can be used as they are looking into other funding options I purchased Fallout with my credit card (97% done) and the processing time took about 6 seconds. Once you have payed for a game it appears in a list in your account under "My Games" so you can keep track of what games you have and quickly launch into discussion boards about them to chat or to get help.
As well as downloading the game its self you get access to other various things with the game. You can download: Avatars, mp3 soundtracks, COLOR .pdf instructions booklets, hi-res wallpapers and a reference card for quick access to the games controls. This all becomes accessible and free when you pay for the game! I would assume that not all games come with the same extra downloads though.
The games come in a .exe file so there is no need to download any new programs and you can keep the file on your computer for multiple downloads and if you delete it you can re-download it from GOG.com with no limits (DRM free!) You just can't share your account (don't be a looser now)
This site is going to make a lot of people very happy as it allows users to now have access to many of their favorite games and it's so easy to do!