Another person whose life has been changed by video games. Art Director by day. Husband by mid-day. And Gamer by night. Hot AZN Sensation, ALL DAY BABY.
Warning: My writing sucks.
Playing this week:
(11/22/09 - 11/28/09)
- Left4Dead 2 [PC]
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Multi) [XBOX360]
- Dragon Age: Origins [PC]
Here are some games I've finished recently:
(most recent on top)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 [XBOX360]
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty [PS3]
- Uncharted 2 [PS3]
- Loom(Replayed) [PC]
- The Dig [PC]
- DeadRising - Day 3 Survivor [XBOX360]
- Resident Evil 5 [XBOX360]
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game [PS3]
- inFamous (Good Karma) [PS3]
- Saints Row 2 [XBOX360]
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [PS3]
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal [PS2]
- World of Goo [PC]
- Valkyria Chronicles [PS3]
- Persona 4 - True Ending [PS2]
- GTA 4 [XBOX360]
- Sunset Riders [PC MAME]
- Don't Look Back [PC]
- Killzone 2 [PS3]
- Flower [PS3]
- Left 4 Dead [PC/XBOX360]
- Uncharted Drake's Fortune [PS3]
- Beyond Good and Evil [PS2]
- Dead Space [XBOX360]
- Braid [XBLA]
- Prince of Persia [XBOX360]
- Shadow of the Colossus [PS2]
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village [DS]
- Gears of War 2 [XBOX360]
Shiyet, that almost sounds like a horrible sitcom... even if I somewhat like HIMYM.
So who the frak is iconSam anyway right? Well I thought this would be a great way to have an introductory post on the cblogs. I've been spending a lot of time in the basement but I equally love the cblogs. Lovin' the DTOID community so here goes.
1. "iconSam" was a nickname given by my brother because I used to make icons for cash when I was in college. Not the most original nickname but it's something that got picked up in the icon community back in the day.
2. Relating to interesting fact #1, my icons were published in 2 Japanese Mac magazines. I also got an honorable mention for Iconfactory's pixelpalooza competition. The icon set was a Ko-gal icon set that had a whole bunch of Tamagotchi icons.
3. Korean but from the Philippines. 100% Korean buy grew up in the Philippines. Which was awesome. Growing up in Asia is one thing, but growing up in the Philippines honestly opened my eyes to all the cultures while I was growing up. Most importantly to all the different cuisines. This is perhaps one of the biggest reasons why I love to cook. http://www.opensourcefood.com/people/iconsam
4. I am married to someone I met when I was in the 3rd Grade. Thankfully, she turned out to be a hot asian chick. *whew*! If you want to read more about it, you're free to check out my ultra-sappy wedding site. http://www.seespark.com/history/
5. There have been two instances in my life where I have landed on my feet and it has saved my life. Let me explain. First instance was when I was about 11 and I was climbing a huge tree with my friends. One of the branches beneath my feet snapped and I must have fell around 20 feet as I was closer to the top of a very very large tree. I tumbled through the branches doing about 2 flips along the way. However when I landed on the sidewalk, I landed with an Olympic style 10.0 stick with both feet. I could have raised my hands and it would have been glorious. But mostly, I was happy to be alive.
Second instance was when I was riding my bike (Hutch BMX, btw - this was when RAD the movie was awesome) and my rear brakes gave way and wouldn't work. Stupid me jammed on the front brakes which
ejected me from the bike. My hand were still on the handles but my entire body flew off forward. And again, I landed with my feet first and was able to stop myself. This was of course right before the hill that I was on edged off into a somewhat deep crevasse. So yes. I'm apparently part cat.
- Now on to video game related facts -
6. The first RPG I played from beginning to end was Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES. It completely blew my mind. I cried when Palom and Porom performed their sacrifice. I fell in love with Cecil and Rose's Love Theme. And Kain was the ultimate badass.
7. My mom can destroy me in BomberMan and BomberMan 2. She still plays everday. Waiting for the time I visit home again so she can wipe me off the floor with ninja timed bombs that skeet across the floor and explode right in your face.
8. I had a real life street fight in front a Street Fighter 2 arcade machine. Long story short. I was kicking his ass and he got really pissed, he told me to defend myself, I kicked him in the jaw, he almost passed out and cops stopped us.
9. One of my fondest gaming memories with my brothers was when we all spent Christmas together in a college apartment freezing our asses off playing Half-Life for the first time. Taking turns and finishing the game.
10. I still want to be a video game director. Even tho I'm an art director with a CS degree, my ultimate dream would be to direct a game. *sigh*