So, I watched all 4 conferences yesterday. Here's my take:
- MS had a WAY better showing than last year, but Sony had more surprises. Neither convinced me their consoles were worth buying before 2015, though--we didn't see much for the rest of 2014 that wasn't known already. So neither of them "won".
- The Order looks worse every time I see it. The gunplay doesn't look interesting at all.
- I'm so glad to see TJ Combo in Killer Instinct again. Can't wait to find out more about his playstyle.
- The Last Guardian being a no-show AGAIN didn't surprise me, even with all the IGN drama.
- MKX looks pretty damn cool.
- No Man's Sky looks amazing. I've never been big on procedurally generated content, but that game makes a hell of a case for it.
- The villain in Far Cry 4 is hilarious and awesome.
- The EA conference was dogshit. They had nothing to show for the new games announced last year, and the usual yearly stuff was boring.
- Way, WAY too much CG was used. It's still better than "in-engine" smoke and mirrors, but I prefer actual gameplay.
- I can't WAIT to play GTAV on PC.
- Batman: Arkham Knight looks incredible.
- Timed exclusivity, PC games being on one console before another, and exclusive DLC are never going to be a big deal to me, no matter how much the platform holders try to convince me otherwise.
All in all, the conferences were pretty good, but not Earth shattering. I went in wondering whether I should wait until next year to buy a new console; now I know I'm not buying them until then.
How did you feel about the conferences? Let me know in the comments.
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.