One of the fond memories I have as a child, besides playing actual sonic games, were sitting down each month on my bed, living room couch, or at the dinning table with a bowl of Cheerios, to continue the story of the Sonic the Hedgehog official comic book. If it was not the comic, it was a book, a DVD, or even the manual for some sonic related money crop. So, when Rev Anthony posted the new theme, I dived immediately into that box in the attic, dusted off my old book of photographs, and prepared to recollect the stories, which, I can safely say, are all very unique. They also need to be categorized, because that's just the way I am.
1. The TV shows:
All though looking back you could say the shows were terrible, which they were, you have to admit that the stories in them were a lot more interesting then the Nintendo shows, which all had the same plot as the game. Except for Sega's first try to enter the television market:
-The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
, actually had the same story as the game, and what I mean by that is it had no story. Produced by DIC Entertainment (that all ways made me chuckle), it kept children safe from sexual predators for two seasons. The next show, however, did have a story.
-Sonic the Hedgehog
was dubbed as "Dark and heavy" by the first show's creator. I took a look at this show's plot summary on Wikipedia, just to make sure I remembered, and it's like 10 paragraphs long! So let me abridge: On the planet Mobius, at around the 33rd century, Dr. Robotnik took over the city (I'm not sure which). The rebels of knot hole (They live underground, and the entrance is through a tree stump. That joke took me half my life to figure out) do as their name entitles them, against Dr. Dumpy. yay. The third TV program was called
, was about sonic, along with his brother and sister (WTF????) trying to find their mother. This one featured rock music, communism, and source material for the funniest YouTube poop ever. Also there was Sonic X, which had a giant gasm ball transport all of the Mobius creatures to Earth. Cruel, but true. PIDA's gonna have a fit.
Yes, there is a movie. IT IS THE SHIT. YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO SEE IT. Yes, the slogan is indeed terrible: "Catch some tails" sounds like a pedophile term, but it does not matter at all. Look at what I found on wikipedia:
These are the following scenes edited from the movie.
* Sara calls Metal Sonic a "pervert" when he and Sonic crash into Eggman's ship and he crashes through the bottom and accidentally looks up her dress. Sonic, who basically sees, feels and thinks everything Metal Sonic does, has an adverse effect on this event.This is probably why he blushes. However, it could have possibly been the effect of him landing on his groin on Eggman's Eggmobile.
* In one scene, Miles "Tails" Prower accidentally grabs Sara's breasts. This causes Knuckles to state, "I never thought you'd stoop that low!"
* In one scene, it appears that Sonic is showing the middle finger at Metal Robotnik.
* In a daydream when Eggman proposes to marry Sara, she is shown pregnant and breastfeeding one of Eggman's babies.
* When Knuckles was caught in the 'glue' Robotnik was shooting at the trio, Knuckles shouted, "Now I'm stuck!". In the original Japanese OVA, he shouts "Shit!", but in the subtitles he yells "damn it!"
* In the before Sonic lands in the shrubbery after his first fight with Metal Sonic, Robotnik says "That hedgehog will never again be a pain in my ass!"
3.The Comic Book:
At first, the comic book was very shallow, consisting of slapstick humor, and the same story as the second television show. I still have the fist issue, sitting there up on my wall, signed. Alas, though, they did to the comic everything when they should have done nothing, like what SEGA did with the Genesis. It no longer was the world of Dr. Robotnik vs. The rebels, but instead became the doctor vs. The world. They expanded too much, and in the end my heart was shattered.
I better stop this, my heart strings are getting a little tugged.
How should I end this... Aha!