All you need to do is visit the forums
and beat the pants off of ZombiePlatypus in a 90's music quiz type thing. ZP's won the last two games, so he's due to be knocked off the throne. There's a little something special that comes along with this awesome SNES gem.
Head on over if you want to give it a try.
For anyone who thinks that Mario Kart is all about good clean family fun, youíve obviously never Karted with us. Weíre a bit scattered, but there will still be some waggling going on tonight. Iíve tried to be really nice ...
Nintendo fanboys unite! You are not alone. Stand strong and believe in yourselves. If those motivational words fail to boost your spirits in the face of the Wiiísí meager online offerings, well thereís really not much yo...
Scene 1 - Dig and Craineum arrive in the shire.
York that is. Craineum and I hopped a flight to England. I assume it was an uneventful flight. I'm sure I was drunk the entire time; it's the only way I can...
Most of these things I don't normally discuss, so there should be a few new things here that folks can still learn about little ol' me.
1) I had a really ugly bike in grade school
My bike was so ugly it made the older kids...
I know at least a few of you will get a nice chuckle out of this. I'm also positive that someone
will whip out the "that's so gay!" stick. Chad and Colette might even get scared...
The summer morning sun pou...
I'll be starting a new dream series detailing the ridiculous subconscious meanderings of a middle aged gaming fanatic.
Destructoid is a great community with quite a few very strong personalities. I have get my daily dose ...
A few weeks ago Craineum and I were yammering on about all things dtoid and we found ourselves fumbling over our fellow community members' names. Is it bleh-man or blay-man? Pendleton or peendleton? You get the picture.....
I've been playing a bunch of my childhood games again lately. Simon's Quest is one of these games. When I was 15, I thought this game was amazing. I played and played and played. Playing through the game now, I say to ...
I've taken it upon myself to play through the Final Fantasy series main canon this year. Here it is June and I've just completed Final Fantasy VI. I never played it on my SNES - I
was in my early 20s when this game hit the ...
Hopefully we all learn from our mistakes in life; I certainly have. Most recently I've learned two important lessons - 1) I wish I had held on to all of my old systems and carts 2) I've become cheap. These things combined h...
About digtastik One of us since 5:55 PM on 01.15.2008
I play games. I come here to talk about them.
Systems NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Playstation, PS2, PS3, Dreamcast, DS Phat, white DS Lite, zelda DS Lite, 360
CURRENTLY PLAYING Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Final Fantasy X
Here is a listing of games that I recall most(for whatever reasons) from my
many console days
Atari 2600 1) River Raid - Hell yeah! KISS's Lovegun album was my soundtrack for this one.
2) Swordquest Earthworld/Fireworld - I had no clue what the hell I was doing here.
3) Crystal Castles - I liked it with the trackball control in the arcade cabinet better
4) Pitfall - Nuff said.
5) Star Raiders - I thought the keypad controller was cool, other than that I thought the game really sucked.
6) Venture - The cart had a cool logo.
7) Adventure - Watch out for that fucking duck!
8) Ghost Manor - I think Dracula used to eat my lunch at the end of this lame ass game.
9) Sneek and Peek - So lame. NO. It's my turn, YOU close YOUR eyes.
10) Tutankham - I was an early tomb raider.
11) Smurf - Who in the 80s wouldn't want to play this?
12) Raiders of the Lost Ark - All I remember is trying parachute into that little freaking cave or ledge or whatever the hell it was. What was it about these games that was so appealing? I have no idea.
NES 1) Super Mario Bros - The game that taught me I'd play games for the rest of my life. I was too scared to play it at the 7 Eleven when all of the high school kids were there watching me fail mise
2) The Legend of Zelda - I was intrigued by the commercial of the dude saying "Ze-lda. Ze-lda?" and even though it featured battery backup, we still wouldn't turn the console off.
3) Metroid - Exploration and backtracking was a bitch. We drew some pretty funny maps.
4) Castlevania - I played the hell out of this. The soundtrack in this game is forever stuck in my head. Flipped out the first time whe knocked off Drac's head and he transformed into that giant something or other and kicked my ass.
5) Contra - Duh. Spread Gun.
6) Solomon's Key - I'm a sucker for good puzzlers.
7) Mighty Bomb Jack - Wow, don't ask.
8) Chubby Cherub - Don't laugh, you probably owned some shitty games too, what with that Nintendo Seal of Quality and all.
9) Kung Fu - "Bwah ha ha ha ha" Sweep the Leg!
10) Rygar - Wait, this is nothing like the arcade. This game sucks!
11) Mike Tyson's Punch Out - I was always scared of Bald Bull in the arcade, hell, this cabinet itself was intimidating... then they had to throw Tyson in the mix for humiliation at home.
12) Kid Icarus - The eggplant wizard.. W.T.F? Another great soundtrack.
13) Capcom - I thought every capcom game was gold.. ghosts n goblins, commando, bionic commando, gunsmoke, trojan, megaman, megaman2 ,194x
14) Ikari Warriors - Pure testosterone
15) Stinger - Cute boxing ship blows up weird shit.
Sega Master System (I never owned it, just played/borrowed it)
1) Fantasy Zone - Funny eggship blows up weird shit.
2) Phantasy Star - my friend loaned it to me. I loved the 3-d dungeon
Genesis 1) Altered Beast - "Awise fwom your gwave!"
2) Golden Axe - Before I ever rode Yoshi, I kicked ass with a different smooth ride.
3) Ghouls N Ghosts - I hated that freaking sword; tried my best to avoid picking it up, but you could be certain that something would knock your ass backward into it at the absolute worst time.
4) Strider - when I first played this at the college rec, I was awed by the giant bosses. I cringed every time I had to kill a bikini clad amazon warrior.
5) Phantasy Star 2 - Another amazing RPG. I don't find it as amazing anymore..
6) Skitchin - Come on, tell me it's not fun.
7) Sword of Vermilion - This game looked so cool; I never finished it.. not so cool I guess.
SNES 1) Super Mario World - Yoshi!
2) Link to the Past - With the light and dark worlds, I felt like I was getting twice the game.
3) Super Punchout - I just can't find anything wrong with these games. Pure fun!
4) Secret of Mana - Epic. My roommates and I traded the controller during play so we could all share in the experience.
5) Shadowrun - I need to grab a copy of this again; I'm pretty sure you could hijack electronic funds in this one.
6) Contra 3 - Contra good. Overhead levels still suck.
7) Super Castlevania - Amazing, though I expected more from Dracula's last battle.
8) Magic Sword - D&D hack N slash dork fest. My kind of game.
9) Super Metroid - Phenomenal game. Spawned the whole exploration subscreen mapping dynamic.
10) UN Squadron - Loved this game in the arcade. I have a couple of the comics(Area 88). Another Capcom classic.
11) Out of this World - Before there was Abe..
12) Super Mario Kart - Hours and hours of fun with my roomies and beer were had with this solid racer.
13) StarFox - Ugly and awesome.
N64 1) Super Mario 64 - I was sitting in a cubicle with a bunch of other software guys the first time I saw this.. my roommate called in sick for 2 days while he played and played and played.
2) Zedla OoT - Probably my favorite zelda. I like the young/old time travel dynamic. The dungeons were great and the bosses were a blast.
3) Blast Corps - Tear shit up.
4) Donkey Kong Country 64 - I love these mario 64 clones.
5) Banjo Kazooie - Another good mario64 clone, often quite humorous
6) Banjo Tooie - Expansive; fun but with frame rate issues
7) Turok - My first solid console FPS once you got accustomed to the control scheme
8) Conker - I loved the pop culture references and crude humor; I thought it was a damned fun game.
9) Mario Kart 64 - Power slides were a breeze. This was a good follow up.
10) Rogue Squadron - The best Stars Wars game I'd ever played(sorry Supers).
11) Golden Eye - Bond baby
12) Perfect Dark - makers of Golden Eye; I was sold
13) Paper Mario - clever game
14) StarFox64 - Prettier by far than the original, and it had somewhat free raoming dogfight levels.
Playstation 1) Resident Evil - This scared the hell out of me.
2) Resident Evil 2 - This was one of my faves in the series.
3) Tomb Raider - I love the whole Indiana Jones tomb raiding idea. Now with more breast.
4) Tomb Raider 2 - I hate boats now.
5) Metal Gear Solid - This game made me REALLY respect Konami(not that I didn't worship them already).
6) Final Fantasy VII - I'd been away from RPGs for a looooooong time. It was a good time to come back.
Dreamcast 1) Soul Caliber - The reason I bought this system. So many good gatherings around this game.
2) Virtua Tennis - There's no better tennis game in my mind.
3) Shenmue - A beautiful adventure game that I've yet to finish. Some peckerhead lost one of my discs.
4) Skies of Arcadia - A brilliant RPG. I love the turn based ship battles.
5) Resident Evil Code Veronica - Bumped RE2 as my fave in this series.
6) Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm - I'm a complete D&D dork, so yeah, I love this game.
7) Toy Commander - I thought this was a great idea/game. The environments were a hoot. Crayon missiles rock.
Gamecube 1) Rogue Leader - A prettier Rogue Squadron. Love. It.
2) Mario Sunshine - I actually enjoyed it. Pretty and not the same as its predecessor.
3) Zelda Windwaker - The only gripe I had here was the small dungeon count, but I love the revelations later in the game. I also adore the art style; felt like I was playing a Disney movie.
4) Luigi's Mansion - Come on, you liked it a little too.
5) Turok - Memorable in that it was an absolute turd of a game and I was pissed that I couldn't bring myself to like it.
6) Eternal Darness - I loved the mind games and the way the story played out through different time periods.
7) Beyond Good and Evil - This is an absolute gem of a game. I need to replay it again soon. I still hope for a follow up.
8) Pikmin - Attack!
9) Timesplitters2 - Great multiplayer and co-op game.
10) Resident Evil 4 - The best RE ever. ever. ever.
PS2 1) God of War - The only reason I have a PS2
There you have it. That should tell you a bit about my taste in games. To
those games I've missed, please know that I love you too.. I'm sure.