The BD-J home brew scene has been picking up lately... it started off with some Pong, then we got some Snake... but today a new standard has been set.
A Japanese coder recently released an NES emulator that works with the help of BD-J on your PS3. The only thing that seems to be lacking is sound... and I am not even sure if that's possible add, only time will tell.
Wanna try it? Lets get started...
1. Download THIS
2. Extract the the folder in the compressed file to the main root of a USB device or memory stick
3. Place the ROMs you would like to play into the main folder you have just extracted to the root
4. Go to the Video section in the XMB on your PS3
5. You will need to click the USB or memory stick you have chosen
6. Select the BD-J homebrew game
7. Next, you will be brought to a file viewer in which, you may choose ROMs
8. Now the game will start. Press the triangle button then go to the numeric pad
9. The 1 on the pad stands for select and the 2 acts as start
10. You may now press triangle and enjoy the game
(the red square takes you back to the rom list)
I tried out this emulator and it works great. There is a slight delay with the controls but its not really an issue at all. Trying this out some roms seem to not load at all... Punch out for example (awwww man!) does nothing, but most of the ones I did try (The Mario series, Mega Man's etc) worked fine.