That's Capcomunity's forum. Kudos go to Shoryuken.com forumers for the image.
Some are just a bit more nice about it.
I personally think he looks a bit like a twilight character, but that's not even a negative for me. This is more than just aesthetics. Video games are not a good format for a developed plot and back story, so the looks of the character become a vital part in expressing his or her personality. I'll give you an example, Ryu is the serious karate guy and Ken is the willy nilly one. You don't even need to play the games or watch cutscenes to know that, just look at almost every character artwork created for them.
Maybe that's because Ryu and Ken are iconic, so fucking with them is off territory. But to me, Dante is iconic. Why fuck with him again? DMC2 tried to paint Dante as someone who wasn't being cocky all the time, but at the end of that game I felt like it was fucking stupid. To the developer's credit though, they learned their lesson and created DMC3, which is so fucking fun. DMC: SE is, to this day, in my top 3 action adventure games of all time. Only Bayonetta and God Hand pass it.
Perhaps the notion that Capcom wants this new one to be 'westernized' has made them come to the conclusion people wont really care about the old Dante. That since God of War is popular of here, no one will give a fuck. I just don't know.
Another thing that worries me, I've never played a game from these guys. I heard Heavenly Sword was meh. I'm not ok with meh. Let's say that Capcom announces that the next Street Fighter(like in next ten years XD) and it will be developed by Ed Boon and the MK crew(as a bonus, Ryu will now look like Justin Bieber to cater to the general public).
How would anyone tell a SF fan that he/she shouldn't be pessimistic and downright pissed off when he/she hears something like that?
I know I'm not giving them a fair chance here, since Ninja Theory and Capcom are catering to a different audience that isn't so anal about shit like the fighting game fans are. And talking about Ninja Theory specifically, Dtoid staff and people like Topher Cantler have gone on record saying their other game down the pipeline, Enslaved, is amazing(even a strong GoTY contender). That gives me hope for at least the gameplay. I'm just a bit worried for now.
And why is Dante's hair brown if his Mom was blonde and father was white-haired? Just throwing that out there.
The first combo video I saw back in 06 when I just got an internet,
If you want a really fleshed out article on the subject, Maj is your guy. This guy has been a combo vid connoisseur for a long time now.
It seems to me like the focus of these videos has shifted from getting the most possible hits to how technical they are, so technical they need explanation. For example, Magnetro has been in the lab with Marvel vs Capcom 2 for quite some time now.
You didn't really catch all that did you? Neither did I the first time I saw it. He explains it all in a series of videos:
Wedge linked me to this a couple days ago and Eventhubs picked it up on their front page too. Shit is bonkers, I feel like this shows how great an understanding people have of a game's system just like combo videos do. The guys who did this have commented saying they're working on the next volume. I'm excited to see what they will come up with.
I'll leave you with a fairly recent favorite.
So Guy can do walk cancel combos like in Alpha 3. Can't wait to see how the pro players use it.
3+ years and Dtoid still can't upgrade their site without fucking everything up.
Some of us don't give a fuck about the front page(well ok Sundays with Sagat is pretty good, so is anything Kauza writes) or the C-blogs. Some of us like traversing the forums for our distractions. But for some reason we're just not worth it anymore by the looks of it. And now every time I click a link on this site Avast keeps telling me to waste my time elsewhere, but god fucking dammit I've made cool friends here that are perfect for shooting the shit with. Please Dtoid, me and you have an enabling relationship. Now enable me to use your forums.
Oh, and pork chop sandwiches was funny 3 years ago when I was high.
Let's not make this a complete waste of your time.
It's pretty much been a month since Supa's release, time to street fight for cereals. It will have your standard singles tournament. And now Team Battles!
1. No character is off limits. To encourage players to use new characters, for this particular tournament only, an extra 5 points will be awarded to players who use a character who is new to the SFIV series (Juri, Hakan, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, DeeJay, T. Hawk, Cody, Guy, and Adon ONLY). No extra points will be awarded for using a returning character's new ultra. The 5 points will only be added to your total and not for each individual match won/lost. To earn the 5 points, you must win at least 1 of the necessary 2 sets with said new characters.
2. Each match must be played within a week. If players have issues concerning connection, scheduling or otherwise, they are to notify me and their opponent before the week is up. If the week has passed without the match being played, the appropriate player will be moved to losers bracket and then eliminated (those who made an effort to play their matches and notify me will not be penalized). No make up matches will be allowed to ensure continuity of the tournament.
3. All matches will be best of 5 rounds, with each player needing to win 2 out of a possible 3 sets. If a draw game happens, players will play a sudden death match in a best of 3 rounds setting.
4. All entrants must register before May 22, the day before the tournament is set to begin. If you have to drop from the tournament, let me know before the tournament's start date. There are no limitations on entrants and all match ups will be randomized using Tournament Maker.
1. Teams will be limited to two members, to allow many teams instead of a couple of big teams. New characters are encouraged, though no added bonus points will be awarded for using them in Team Battles.
2. Each match will be best of 5 rounds, one set only, single elimination rules apply.
3. You may name your team whatever you wish or a default team number will be assigned to you.
4. Each team battle victory will net each team member an additional point in the ranbat rankings. Individual victories do not count towards additional points.
Here's the singles bracket so far.
And the Team's bracket.
Also, Team banners!
Team Podsumaki - deBLOO, KD Alpha
Team Darky Fatts: Cataract, Danro
Team Marshmallow Hurricane: Skagzilla, ClownBaby
Team Big Baby Jesus: usedtabe, Char Aznable
Team We Suck At Picking A Name: ZServ and DaShiz0265
Team Gay Niggas From Outer Space: Senisan and casualweaponry
Team A Gentleman and a Crook: fatguru and diztrukted
The deadline to join is May 22, so be sure to sign up here quickly if you want in!
Oh god, I'm tweaking over here. I need this game now and forever.
Anyway, a bunch of stuff pertaining to this game NOW
Cody's theme is so god damn awesome. Can't wait for the OST to drop.
Also My main in Vanilla is Akuma. He was good to me, but I wanna drop him. But recently his new ultra has been stirring shit up about it actually being useful. As this video shows:
I'll probably still dabble with him.
But as you most of you know, Guy is really peaking my interest. He's looking really strong, and it seems he doesn't really need ultras to do good damage. His U1 is looking like the most useful one, as this video helps illustrate.
All that damage, on Sagat no less. And in that combo Guy used 3 EX meters, which is a waste but you don't need to do EX shoulder check, the light punch version goes fast enough to do the same thing. So 2 bars for over 500 damage is great news for me. Guy has always put people in the corner easily in past games, and in Super it won't be different. Just get used to being in the corner against me, Dtoiders. ;p
Now let's talk about the bonus people get if you've played SF4. It's 2 colors and help. Help is letting you unlock all the colors and taunts for your character faster, how it'll do it exactly I don't know yet. The colors are numbered 11 and 12. 11 is the inkblot effect present in the PC version of SF4. 12 will be a "sketch" effect that is seen in all the new SSF4 character artwork.
Of course I have a video. This one shows the 12th color in action. It looks cool.
First of all, Dtoider Avalon made this header for me, Cataract then stole it and-he-made-a-blog-so-now everyone-thinks-he-had-it-first-but-I-really had-it-first-and-now-it-wont-be-as-epic-now-since-most-of-you-have-seen-it.
It's supposed to be me, KD, RAB, and Cataract but DRAMA LLAMA happened so it's not Cataract and we got Wry Guy in there for a bit instead. Just be ready for mindless rambling from all of us, especially me.
Also Cowboy Ken.
And Makoto is looking really good.
Also also look at this fucking hitbox
I'm really excited to play as Guy, everyone that knows of my SSF4 anticipation can tell you they're fucking sick of me talking about it. I'm really itching to play this fucking game already.