Earlier today Gizmodo posted a test to measure how nerdy we really are. While usually reserved for lame Facebook or Myspace notes, I thought I'd try the test out, and maybe you
guys will do the same. Answers that apply to me are in bold.
1. I own and wear t-shirts featuring the logos of computer/operating system manufacturers. 2. I am over the age of 22 and live with my parents.
3. I am, according to the medical definition, obese.
4. On an average day more of my human interaction happens on message boards or in blog comments than
with actual other people.
5. I have ended real friendships over arguments about computer or product choices.
6. I very seriously try to talk people into buying or switching to my OS/phone/product of choice 7. I commonly use very specific technical jargon without considering whether or not the person I'm talking to
8. I hold an engineering or IT degree.
9. I have made a member of the opposite sex sit and watch me play video games for an hour or more. 10. I play with my phone at restaurants. 11. Almost all of my jokes are actually just catchphrases or references to The Simpsons, Family Guy, Borat,
or any other popular comedic film or show.
12. I have a medical problem that makes me sweat a lot.
13. I live or have lived for an extended period completely nocturnally, sitting at my computer all night and
sleeping all day.
14. I generally do not leave my home if it's not necessary for work or food retrieval.
15. I have over 50,000 Xbox 360 Gamerpoints.
16. I work in electronics retail.
17. I generally am only friends with other Apple people/Windows people.
18. My sense of humor is more in line with 4chan than any other comedic source.
19. I hang out exclusively with members of the same sex.
20. I own and wear a cowboy hat, Kangol hat, fedora and/or bowler.
21. I am the dominant talker in most conversations I have. 22. I think the Star Wars trilogy/Star Trek series is the greatest thing ever put to celluloid and will argue all
night about it.
23. When I hang out with my friends, we usually play Risk, Axis and Allies, Dungeons and Dragons and/or Settlers of Catan. 24. I have a level 80 character in World of Warcraft.
25. I've dressed up as a video game character/manga character in public on a day other than Halloween.
26. I say internet acronyms such as LOL and BRB out loud.
27. I own a sword, nunchucks and/or throwing stars.
28. I'm an obsessive collector.
29. I make my own image macros.
30. I am really, really into my cat. Like, really.
31. I have corrected someone's spelling or grammar on a message board or in blog comments. 32. I have authored and obsessively updated Wikipedia entries about cartoons from the 80's.
33. I breathe through my mouth, mostly. 34. I've read all of the greatest novels ever published, all of which happen to be graphic novels.
35. I suffer from halitosis and/or a laziness-based aversion to dental hygiene.
36. I vote for politicians based on their stance on net neutrality. 37. My dream girl has eyes the size of dinner plates, is part robot or, optimally, both. 38. I am a member of a private, invite-only BitTorrent tracker with strict ratio/bitrate requirements. 39. I regularly ingest caffeine through unconventional means.
40. I'm convinced that I would be happier if I worked on the Starship Enterprise. 41. I do things for the "lulz."
42. I always have the last word in online arguments. Always.
43. I wear sweatpants more than any other type of pants.
44. I am a guy and I have a ponytail.
45. I believe that it's the rest of the world that's awkward and I actually have everything pretty much figured
46. I have a hard drive exclusively dedicated to porn. 47. I write letters to companies and consumer interest blogs whenever I feel that I've been wronged.
48. I'm married in Second Life but single in real life.
49. I read Gizmodo more than the New York Times. 50. I am offended by this test.
I scored 15 out of 50, which means...
"You wear a "Can't sleep, clowns will eat me" shirt you bought at Hot Topic, but you rarely have trouble gathering a crew to play Left 4 Dead at your place. Sure, you might not have been prom king, but you've found your niche and similar people to you and you're making it work for yourself. You can't really argue with that."
Not too bad really, kind of a nice assessment. How did you do?
I’m going to start sharing some random videos each Friday, be it one of my personal favourites, or just
something I saw this week online. Probably not often video game related, but Friday is a casual day
With the recent success of their newest song “Jizz in my pants”, the Lonely Island are in the spotlight once
again. Since working for SNL creating the digital shorts, Andy, Jorma and Akiva have had several mega hits
(Lazy Sunday, Dick in a box etc..) and they have another one.
But before they were working for Saturday Night Live, they had several popular online skits and songs. I thought
I’d post a few of the songs here for those who haven’t seen any.
The Bing Bong Brothers
Just Two Guys
Does anyone know how to fix the weird formatting problem? I've noticed a bunch of other D-Toiders with the
same weird spacing in their text that I just can't figure out how to stop. It has something to do with embedding
videos I think.
To continue with their new gaming accessorizes line to "immerse players" TN games has created the HTX Helmet designed to let you feel your virtual headshots in real life
"The HTX Helmet is worn in conjunction with the 3rd Space Gaming Vest and delivers blows to the head when you are fired upon. Feel bullets whizzing by your helmet or the impact of getting shot in the head. The helmet will communicates with compatible games to give precise, 3 dimensionally accurate impacts where it happens, as it happens"
Last year they came out with a vest that simulated being hit with ten pounds of pressure, straight to your gut.
I personally don't have any interest in any of these, but the helmet would at least have some practical use, possibly in the FPS genre. If you could feel what direction the bullets were coming from, combined with a good surround system, it might give you a slight edge in competition, I guess?
Unfortunately, it can't help you from looking like a total twat while using it. I'll say this is only for the rich and bored.
Today, everyone with an xbox should be mourning the passing of an XBLA legend. Early this morning...Yaris was killed. The entire product page for the incredible, lifelike racing game has been deleted from the arcade, is their no reason in this world anymore!
Microsoft has yet to comment, so I'm not sure if this is part of their talked about de-listing plan, or an accident!? I hope it's the second one, because Yaris is a masterpiece that should be played by all, second only to Space Giraffe as the best downloadable titles on the system.
As its now been on the front page, what really happened is Microsoft's deal with Toyota has just expired. What a shame.
A french Canadian Radio station prank called Sarah Palin today...and not surprisingly, she fell for it hook line and sinker. sad.
This is a bit long and the accent may bother some people but...wow. This is embarrassing. Tomorrow is a HUGE day for Americans and I just hope everyone makes the right choice. I know I'm Canadian but seriously...this terrifies me. It's not even really a funny joke anymore, it's like...a security issue. This woman could be running your country. People are still far to hung up on racism or sexism. Her problem is not her sex, she is just retarded, I'm sorry but it's true.
Okay, so this isn't actually the real poster, it's a mock-up that was posted at Ripten.com.
"So yeah, I was bored and the lack of news coming over the wire convinced me to pop open Adobe Photoshop and mess around for a while. One thing lead to another, and a few hours later I ended up with my own little Gears of War Movie poster. Dan Landis added his two cents on the casting over Skype.
"Yes, we know that Kilmer is currently a bit on the heavy side, and Batista may not be the best actor on the face of the planet, but we figured what the fuck — they sure as hell look the part. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Lester “Terry Tate” Speight were obvious choices. To be perfectly clear, the Gears of War movie has NOT been officially cast yet, these are merely our “shooting the shit” selections."
Even though Cliffy...err, Cliff Bleszinski said that he doesn't think a wrestler should be cast, I don't mind these fake choices. Anyways, thought it was funny.