Its hard to deviate from the standard laundry list of stuff that everyone puts in these things. I play games, but who doesn't? Of my 21 years here, I've played for 19 of them and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I'm pretty down-to-earth and I like to think that I don't really have any allegiances to any particular company, so I don't really respond to threats of fanboyism. Right now I'm working on my Gamerscore with a 360 and maybe eventually a PS3, but not too soon. I've played just about anything this side of the sun but I always find myself going back to platformers and third-person action games.
If you want to know my favorite games, just ask. Throw some names out there and I'll tell you if I've played them and what I thought.
Bringing my fourth-grade writing skills to the Destructoid Community since 2006.
So I figured that I might as well get on the wagon now that everyone else is doing it. No need to fart around, let's get to it! Also, I couldn't think of ten things, so I just did nine instead.
9. I seem to have started my geekdom in reverse. Like my profile to the side says, I've played video games for roughly 19 of my 21 years on this planet. Having played games for so long, I was perfectly content until 5th grade when I discovered Cartoon Network's Toonami in the afternoon and Dragonball Z from 4:00 to 5:00 PM. Since then, I've only held a mild interest in anime and typically only those that either come highly recommended or are tremendously violent. It wasn't until roughly a year ago that I started getting into comics, thanks to my two buddies and fellow Dtoiders, MechaJesus and Dr. Tenro. We went to the NY Comic-Con last year and I've been hooked ever since.
8. I won a box of crap from CTZ once. No, really. I did.
7. I was a Genesis kid. With the exception of my best friend in elementary school and my cousin, I was one of the only kids I knew who owned a Genesis and NOT an SNES. In fact, I didn't even have the opportunity to play most SNES games until I discovered the wonder of not emulation. One of my best memories was playing Contra: HARD Corps with my cousin and almost beating it. To show you what an achievement this was for a 5th grader, here's a YouTube video.
This was my bread and butter. To this day, I have never completely beaten Sonic 3.
6. This is much harder than it seems. Seriously, you try it.
5. I'm the second of four children. My older brother was born in '85, I was born in '87. I've got two younger sisters, with a total age gap between all of us being 7 years. So yeah, I've almost always got someone to talk to.
4. I'm currently single. Then again, who isn't these days/
3. Despite what my Gamerscore would tell you, I'm not an acheivement whore. I believe in getting as much as possible out of my games before I put them on the shelf/trade them in, so I suppose it should go without saying that I have quite a few games with 1000/1000. I don't rent or buy games just for the achievements and I can guarantee that I will never play the Avatar game for it.
2. I currently live in Maine.
1. Despite being a part of this community for almost three years, I have yet to meet any other Dtoiders in person. This is mostly a result of #2, but as of this weekend it will be changed, of that I can assure you.