I've been commission to make a holder for Gordon Freeman's favorite weapon. I may have to make one for myself. When the apocalypse comes, will you be ready?
I had to do a modification to the strap. This angle works much better. I think it would be nice if the crowbar was held down with magnets. That would make it easier to sheathe. You'll also notice that I moved the retaining loop up. If you want something like this contact me at: eviloverlord [at] blackheart cases.com. Any color you want.
I should've taken a picture of this years ago. This is actually the second one I've made. The first one fell out of my pocket as I rode my bike to work. I went looking for it. I found it had been crushed by an automobile.
This phone is a little bigger then the last one. The first thing I did was take it apart and remove the electronics and rubber parts. I then milled out the back to the old screw holes and added new holes. That was the easy part. The plastic parts where then epoxied down and all the odd bits and epoxy where milled flat. Two pieces of wood were glued down, machined and pre-drilled for the screws. The two center rubber buttons were cut down and a piece of wire was pushed though then. That's how I managed to glue them down. A small hole was milled out where the camera hole is. The phone was inserted and the camera turned on to see how far off I was. A slightly larger hole was milled. One more check, then the final hole milled out. Lastly, a hole for the power port, some filing, and Done. As you can see, I need to make a new one. One of the rubber buttons has torn off, a chunk is missing, a crack at a corner, and the epoxy on both red buttons has failed. Also, the case has yellowed quite a bit. If I get a slightly less stupid phone, I won't be able to air control.
Finally finished. The thing that slowed me down was whether I should add a wheel, roller, or knob to scroll web pages. I decided against it. An aluminum bracket and a piece of phenolic resin was made to mount the circuit board. The case is made of 5/8″ thick white oak, with brass screws. It measures 11″ x 11 5/8″ x 4 5/8″. The only other thing that may need adjusting is the height of the ball. It could go higher. Now I need to load Missile Command into MAME and play it the way it was meant to be played, with a gigantic trackball. For full history of this project goto my blog http://blackheartindustries.com/ and click “Trackball” link to the right.
All the electronics are now finished. The only thing I have reservations about is that I use the wheel on my mouse quite often. A roller attached to the case below the wrist could serve as a wheel and a rest. Alternately, the ball as a switch could be used to change the function of the Y-axis. I’m going to live without the wheel. Measurements have been made. Next I’ll bring the clear plastic top piece and a button to the wood shop, for reference. The plastic will be used as a router and hole templet. For the previous posts goto http://blackheartindustries.com/