Hi, my name is Niki, I am a 17 year old female gamer. I'm a universal console and hand held gamer, as well as Artist and Musician. I've been a gamer ever since I found a personal, heartfelt love for them. Before I began to play, I would always watch my siblings play games such as Super Mario World, which would later become my first game, Congo's Caper, Megaman X, Super Mario 64, and so fourth. (We were very spoiled as children, we would pretty much get any game we wanted when it came out) Around the age of five or six, I remember when I'd watch my brother play the earlier Mario Brothers, I came to love a small 8-bit turtle by the name of Bowser. You know...Eventually, I wanted to play these games for the simple love of seeing this small, fascinating creature. I walked over, plugged in the SNES, and eagerly placed the cartridge of Super Mario World into the slot. To this day, that game still remains one of my favorite classic games. As I grew older, I didn't expand a lot, in all honesty. I pretty much stuck to platform jumpers - aka Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and a few off-branded games. When I was 15, I started becoming bored of the same old things, and I began to crave more. Little by little, I have been expanding my games of choice. Now I'm not only a Nintendo girl, but a universal console gamer. I enjoy good challenges, such as myself going back a few days ago (4/25) and playing MegamanX4, a tougher platform jumper none of us had beaten yet, along with others like Gex: Enter the Gecko, Croc, and many others. I have yet to catch up in the gaming universe, but I'll step up my game little by little.
I've had literally nothing BUT a busy schedule and have been out of my mind since school got out. Since I last posted, here's a short synopsis of what I've accomplished (or working on)
- I finished out high school. It's been a stupidly rigorous school year but alas it came to a close. Soon I will go to college but that will not be until spring or next fall.
- I got a job at Target. It's a full time job that will eat 99% of my time and the other 1% is usually invested toward commission work. I want to start building a portfolio for character designs. I'm still trying my best to get money to move in with Regnier, but money's no easy thing.
- I'm beginning to expand my hobbies. I'm going to learn to sew, also I'm learning to make jewelry and I will try my hand at sculpting (not circles and squared, I mean 500$ worth sculptures) I really would like to learn to make pushes and sell them, and later on, cosplay outfits.
- My home situation is not better nor worse, just kind of exists. My dad is still a sick twisted soul, still a jackass among other things. Regardless, he is sick and I acknowledge that, but there is no hope of me helping him. He has brought this entirely on himself and will slowly kill himself.
- Been trying to sell some extra items I have laying around (Trading cards, books, clothes, plushes) and it's also been difficult trying to get those out...I still have most of everything.
And that's really about it. I've gotten these games since last post:
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Kirby Return To Dreamland
- Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Zelda OOT 3DS -beat the classic mode, on master quest now-
- Pokemon Black
- Asura's Wrath
- Tales of Vesparia
- ICO & Shadow of The Colossus Dual Pack
- Mario Party 9
- Pikmin 2
- Colors 3D (3DS App)
- AC: Revelations
- Mass Effect 3
- Mario 3D Land
- Starfox 64 3D
A good deal of them I have not touched or just have not had the time to finish. I get busy easy. Soon I'll make a list of all the titles that I have pending to finish, as well as a que of what I will play and what I have played. Share a bit of my gaming experience. I dunno. Anyways, I just wanted to post and let you know I am alive, still gaming, though just...not as much as I used to.
Let me know if there are any games I *really* need to get/play because I have NOT kept up with the times. I've been locked in a closet with heroine spiders. Lots of em'...kay' maybe not, but still -- titles really worth the bit of cash I /can/ spend, send it my way.
 Also, are there games that are just so bad I should not buy it under any circumstances?
PS - This has been me because I've been busy. But not anymore!