I was wondering exactly how to start my blog, but it seems like the big thing to do at the moment are these 10 Things you Don't Know posts. Which is absolutely brilliant, as being new and such, there's pretty much a canyon of things you don't know about me.
Bonus Thing you Don't Know: That's me in the middle, with the red shirt on, surrounded by two of my best friends.
1. My nickname UmarifficCKizzle, reflects my undying love for Uma Thurman, which almost no one is ever able to pick up on. Uma + Terrific = Umariffic. At one time I everyone I knew in this University (Appalchian State), called me CK, and some took it even further given us CKizzle, pronounced "see-kizz-uhl". Simple!
2. CK, was actually started when people found out about my underground condom selling in the dorms on campus. My mom, being a health official, had access to condoms, and gave them out to promote safe sex, and would constantly send me shipments of around a hundred condoms every two-weeks to a month. With no possible way I'd be doing the deed quite enough to fully utilize them, I started selling them to other college students, at a low price. This went on for the first semester of my freshman year, and people started calling me the Condom Kingpin, CK for short.
3. In middle school, during those "crucial" years as a kid, I was extremely unpopular and didn't have many friends, which turned me to gaming, even more than I already was. The Final Fantasy games were of the top games that actually managed to get me through those times, which I'll be forever nostalgic and grateful for.
4. The first gaming console I actually owned was a Sega Genesis. My dad already had an Atari 2600 and an Intellivision, all the way up until the Genesis...but that was my first, very own console. It came with a copy of Sonic 2, my favorite Sonic game to this day.
5. I don't get games like Fallout 3 or Oblivion. Most western-RPGs. The exceptions being the Bioware games, which might put me in the unpopular opinion, but Mass Effect was one of the most addictive games I've played in years, that is up until just recently with Left 4 Dead and Rock Band.
6. I have quite possibly the most eclectic(and arguably piss poor) taste in music, that includes all genres except for Country. Some of the most embarrassing tunes I've been found rocking out too include: Natalie Imbruglia, Kelly Clarkson, and even Britney Spears as of late. God-damn Womanizer for being so unbelievably catchy...
7. I'm a graphic designer, or at least that's what I tell myself. I'm currently in school for a degree in the field, and come May this year, I'll be graduated and off into the real world to find a design job. Well, hopefully.
8. People often mistake me for being gay, due to my severe drought of girlfriends, the last one being around seven months ago, as well as my total awkwardness and severe shyness around just about everyone. I'm pretty sure I have minor agoraphobia as well.
9. Speaking of phobias, I am absolutely terrified of all types of insects/bugs. Even ones that I know won't harm me, such as ladybugs, I freak out around if I see them.
10. I'm an avid movie buff, or again I like to hype myself as such, and currently own over 650 DVDs, not counting tv series. Previous to this blog, a few years ago I had a space on Rotten Tomatoes where I did my own full-fledged movie reviews, of everything I saw, but got severely backed up and bogged down that I had to stop to keep my sanity and peace of mind intact.