I am Turbokill. Longtime lurker and forumite (since '07)
I am currently a university student at Penn State studying English and Music. I frequently perform professionally around my area as a double bassist for some of my local symphony orchestras.
I also play in a band and am a member of the Fencing club, because stabbing people is fun.
I'm the guy running around parrying blades and stabbing people in hot pink socks.
I like video games. Like...I frequently have some late nights because I get hooked on a game.
Some of my favorites:
LoZ: Link to the Past
Dragon Quest V
Nearly any Shin Megami Tensei game (Including Persona and Arena)
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Final Fantasy (IV, IX, VI, VII, VIII, in that order)
and countless others because I suck at picking favorites.
Man, I've been with DTOID ever since 2007 and yet I haven't really done anything of this sort. Time to reintroduce myself to the only online community I've ever stuck by.
I will be sharing my story mostly visually, that means less work for me and less reading for you. We all win!
1. I am a university student (Penn State - UP) majoring in English and Music. I absolutely adore my university and have had amazing professors. Though this place is called 'Happy Valley' the weather here is hardly ever cheery (Until June comes). Here's a typical January/February:
Pictured above: An actual photo of a student from campus.
2. I'm a musician. I've been playing the Double Bass for about 10 years. I also play bass in a rock band (both my upright and bass guitar :) ) Music is one of my greatest passions.
3. And here I am conducting an orchestra for a summer program:
4. I decided to take up the sport of fencing a few years ago and fell in love with it. (Nidhogg is my jam.) There's no better way to spend your free time then stabbing people. Here's me warming up before a tournament:
Pictured: Me rocking hot pink socks and not givin a fuck.
5. I hope to someday get my writing published. Recently I got the idea to rewrite The Inferno from the perspective of the guide, Virgil. Hopefully I'll get to finishing the entire epic, but for now, here is the first Canto.