Man, I've been with DTOID ever since 2007 and yet I haven't really done anything of this sort. Time to reintroduce myself to the only online community I've ever stuck by.
I will be sharing my story mostly visually, that means less work for me and less reading for you. We all win!
1. I am a university student (Penn State - UP) majoring in English and Music. I absolutely adore my university and have had amazing professors. Though this place is called 'Happy Valley' the weather here is hardly ever cheery (Until June comes). Here's a typical January/February:
Pictured above: An actual photo of a student from campus.
2. I'm a musician. I've been playing the Double Bass for about 10 years. I also play bass in a rock band (both my upright and bass guitar :) ) Music is one of my greatest passions.
3. And here I am conducting an orchestra for a summer program:
4. I decided to take up the sport of fencing a few years ago and fell in love with it. (Nidhogg is my jam.) There's no better way to spend your free time then stabbing people. Here's me warming up before a tournament:
Pictured: Me rocking hot pink socks and not givin a fuck.
5. I hope to someday get my writing published. Recently I got the idea to rewrite The Inferno from the perspective of the guide, Virgil. Hopefully I'll get to finishing the entire epic, but for now, here is the first Canto
6. I composed a 30-second horror story using only public domain sounds found online.
7. I LOVE rollercoasters. Or at least...I used to:
8. I first discovered DTOID by looking up podcasts to test the RSS Feed on my PSP. That's when I found out about the glory that was RetroforceGO!
If podcasts count as shows, then RetroforceGO! is genuinely my favorite show of all time. I still have Topher yelling "HI!" cheerfully as a text tone on my phone.
9. I like videogames. I can't name favorites for anything, so I'll just name the first ten favorites that come to mind:
Dragon Quest V
GTA: San Andreas
The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Final Fantasy IV
10. I totally forgot, but I once did a DTOID Interview for the CBLOGs. In case you still feel like you don't know me, here's something even more personal.
Holy schnikes. Writing a blog has gotten a hell of a lot easier since the last time I've tried. Literally years ago.
LOOK WHO CAME: