3 Samurai of the Way?
ITS ALMOST HEERE! TIME TO OPEN YOUR LOCKBOXES!
Can you taste it? Its coming out next week. Its just a few days away! Survive the weekend and a few days, and you will be rewarded with a B-List Masterwork!
Way of the Samurai 3 is coming out next week on Oct. 13th, for PS3 and 360. Priced at $50 ($40 at BestSku.com
), this two year old release from Japan has been the cause of much zeal from your humble resident tuba man. There's something about this game that's very special. I'm not even that much of a japan-o-phile anymore, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the romanticisizing of Bushido and samurai ethics. Even in the face of Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and the newly remade A Boy and his Blob, I am supremely stoked for the next installment from one of the best mediocre-to-great gaming series of all time.
Its been a long strange zealous trip, my friends. And for me, I have to say, its already "Mission Accomplished". At least three people commented that they either didn't know about this series, or had no idea that the North American port was even happening, before they read my blogs. Its a game that, reasonably, doesn't get alot of attention. Ad budget is slim (though making an iPhone game was a slightly clever gesture), and blog/bigsite coverage has been sparse, save for occasional press releases. If I've turned one person on to this modest game, blogging has proven to be an effective tool for spreading the joy of sub-AAA gaming.
WE CAN HAZ RECAPS?!
But enough of that! Find here, fellow D-Toiders, the collected blog journey of my Way of the Samurai zealotry! Discover, relive, and enjoy!
Way of the Samurai 3 Annou ... no? COME ON!!!
- This is me, wishing WotS3 would be ported. Joyfully, MegaStryke
found a listing of Way of the Samurai 3 for the 360. And there was MUCH REJOICING!!
Bootleg Preview: Why You Need to Play Way of the Samurai 3 This Fall
- In which I hobbled together a "preview" from Wikipedia, past WotS experiences and scraps of info.
A Japanese Trailer
Bootleg Preview: Why you may not actually like Way of the Samurai 3 (but come on!)
- Lest we forget that this game is destined for 7s, I throw out a few arguable downsides. But, come on. Seriously.
How Way of the Samurai 3 has Frightened the Fall Schedule
- Remember when all those games got delayed? See, I reckoned Way of the Samurai 3 was the reason. OBVIOUSLY!
10 Reasons to Get Way of the Samurai 3
- There was a meme. I participated. My favorite reason: 4.
Way of the Samurai 3-tainment: Videos of People with Swords
- A video laden blog that includes one of the most epic live action commercials for a samurai game EVER!
I nominate this for Destructainment this weekend!!
English, do you Speak it??: Way of the Samurai 3 English Site and Some Fall Line-up Tubaticism
- Letting you all know that the North American site
Off The Grid: Do I Really Need to Order Way of the Samurai 3 Off the Internet?
- When I realized this really was going to be tricky to find in stories, aside from being buried under some hot releases.
Off The Grid Tactics: Hunting Way of the Samurai 3
- Wherein I confess that I'm too impatient to wait for a package or trust any old delivery method for this title!
There you have it folks. You can expect an impressions blog and a rare, honest-to-goodness review from me once I get my hands on this one. I'll do my best to write something coherent. Or at least lolcat coherent.
So, who's ready for some SAMOORAI FIGHTAN?!?