Way of The Samurai, Shadow of the Colossus, Castle Crashers, Jet Grind Radio, ICO, Super DodgeBall, Canabalt, FTL, Final Fantasy VI and X-Com are some of the finest games ever made in ever
Xbox Live: Tubatic
Wii Console Code: 3554-2775-5012-0810
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Code: 2107-0561-3043
Brawl Friend Code: 1762-2359-5359 "Tbatc"
Players can elect to summon "cartoony" versions of bats, bombs, guns, and flamethrowers. These types of items can be used to destroy objects or even other summoned items (e.g., a club can be used to hit an animal; steak can be attached to a baby to attract lions; rockets can be lobbed at a man).
-From the ESRB description of Scribblenauts
"Right after getting back to Japan, [Miyamoto] suddenly said: "You know we're including golf now." Apparently he'd stated in an interview that this time round golf shots would be determined by the backswing, even though at that time a golf game didn't exist in any shape or form!"
-A Nintendo Staffer explaining why Golf was added to Wii Sports Resort
"I have seen the Summa that everyone talks about. And I want to pour gasoline on him and cut off his ear. "
-Pendleton21 after listening to the disavowed Podtoid 94: So Baller
"question, did you play with controller or keyboard?
because controller is unplayable"
-Luc Bernard re: the first release version of Eternity's Child on Steam
"Just because u like a game doesn't mean u have to give it a high score"
-excerpt from the epic trolling on the Prototype review, inFamous/Protoype Wars, June 2009
Hi, you probably don't know me... you know, aside from what you knew 3 years ago. Lets catch up, eh?
10. I came to DToid because of Jack Thompson- Or at least because of Robot Leader's dedicated hard journalisms. A guy crazy enough to jump into his car and drive right over to the court house where Jack Thompson was planning to get a judge to play the entirety of Bully? I was impressed and I've been somewhere around here ever since.
9. I was somewhere in the top 100 of DToid's leaderboards- Did you even know that Destructoid had leaderboards? True story. Destructoid used to have community leaderboards based on comments made, c-blog popularity and forum presence. Before the system was scrapped, I was just slightly in the upper teir with the editors and super users like Mxlyzptlx.
8. My favorite interview question is "How can I tell when you're stressed."- I work in QA for mobile device game/app software, and I used to play an active role in my company's earlier hiring pushes. Besides the "what games do you play" question, my absolute favorite to ask was for the candidate to tell me how I can tell they were stressed. Its a great question that stumped me many years ago. My favorite answer culminated in "... well I wouldn't punch anybody." He never did, which was awesome.
7. I'm still technically reading that one book by Yukio Mishima- Its a running vacation joke at this point. I even carried it with me to work for a bit. No progress.
6. I lost my dang mind over Way of the Samurai 3- Like very much so The punchline: I've only played to about 3 of the 15 some possible endings.
5. I don't use credit cards anymore- I'm glad to say Me and Mrs. Tubatic operate our daily lives with 0 use of consumer credit, and we effing love it. I don't go around getting all preachy Dave Ramsey-style about it, but if you ask me, I'd tell you one of the best things you can do for yourself financially is to not owe anyone any debt. Car notes, credit cards, will not stand, my friend. Buy used cars, and save your money, all the time.
4. I considered becoming a religious community leader- I've never had religion pressed upon me, but there was a point in my young life that I considered becoming a man of the cloth. Felt like the natural thing to do for the paragon life I was trying to lead. I never ended up finishing my front to back read of the bible, though. Between that and my own personal misgivings about churches and church communities, it probably all turned out for the best.
3. I used to hang with the hardcore/straightedge/emocore/screamo scene- In so far as I used to spin that stuff in college as an on-air DJ, and helped put on a few shows in Baltimore. Cipher, Codeseven, Shai Hulud, Boy Sets Fire, Hatebreed, Visions of Disorder, Agnostic Front and Frodus are names I remember from that time, but only know as ghosts now. Good, strange times, remembered fondly.
2. I've appeared on the Today Show, like twice- Both as a tuba player, ever so breifly. University of Maryland Baltimore County, my alma mater, doesn't have any major championship sports teams, but happens to have had one of the best collegiate chess teams in America. Thusly, the rolled out the UMBC Pep Band for the chess team's national morning appearances. Fun Fact: controversy later hit the chess team as they were found, at least once year, to have brought in ringers that were not enrolled.
1. I'm gonna be a father, y'all- Yup! Mrs. Tubatic is probably dividing cells as you read this. I'm pretty much freaking out, but I'm very excited about this whole thing, of course! Of all the things I've tried to create in my life, shaping this life will be the greatest challenge, and most likely the most rewarding.
Also, we've been keeping it under wraps. If you know me on facebook: shhhh! :D