Media Molecule is holding a contest to add three designs to the final game. They'll be taking entries from anyone. One from the U.S., one from Europe, & one from Japan will be picked & added to the final game.
Now it doesn't explicitly say this, but I'd imagine that if they received many designs of a similar style they would be more inclined to choose one of them (presumably the best one). So, many Mr. Destructiod designs could lead to a Mr Destructoid SackBoy.
All the rules and how to submit are available at the official announcement site.
will close (ends
) on Tuesday, September 30th 2008 at 11:59 PST
. So all entries have to be in by then to be considered.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FULL SIZE TEMPLATE
Use the official template, one of the rules is to not resize the template.
The one thing I've found that might present a problem is the first Contest Rule. "don’t use existing logos or designs, content or imagery created by someone else. So that means no Spidey or Mr T costumes, you crazy fool!"
. I assume this rule is in there because they're afraid of being sued if using copyrighted material. (which i assume Mr. Destrucitoid is). Perhaps an official submission from DTOID would pass that rule though since it wouldn't be "imagery created by someone else.
But worse case scenario, they don't use it. Best case, they see it's unique & popular enough to get seriously considered.
* Your SackBoy costume should be all your own work; don’t use existing logos or designs, content or imagery created by someone else. So that means no Spidey or Mr T costumes, you crazy fool!
* Only one costume design can be submitted per person.
* Do not resize the template – YxZ is just perfect the way it is.
* Only JPEG Format will be accepted for your design submissions.
* No questionable content; by that we mean stuff that’s illegal, gross or otherwise likely to give us nightmares.
* Further contest terms and conditions can be found here.
Once your costume design is ready, just attach it to an email and send it to [email protected]
, with My SackBoy Costume as the subject line
Hold on! Don’t send it just yet! Make sure you include the following information in your email too:
* Your full name
* Your date of birth (must be over 13 to be accepted)
* Your PSN Online ID (if you have one) read