I was born in the year 20XX and sent back into the past via space capsule to prevent Judgement Day. I think they sent me back too early, because nothing is really happening yet. So, until I get the call, I'm usually just sitting around, readin' comics, playin' videogames, and drawrin' pictures.
- To get the power-up and save the princess. Will settle for steady job with decent healthcare plan.
So I've been busy. And by busy, I mean biz-zay. Art stuff hasn't necessarily fallen completely by the wayside, but my priorities have been reduced to a few specific projects. When this particular fun-party blows over, I'm really hoping to focus on a few pieces that will rock the socks, so to speak. That being said, I got the blog itch, and I'm going to scratch it with an old school Scattershot Thoughts approach. Bare with me. Or bear with me, if you will. Rawrr.
1. First and foremost, I know there are some requests that have gone unfulfilled. See above. I'll try to get to them as soon as possible, but I just wanted to give the heads-up that I haven't forgotten about them. Apologies, et al.
2. I just finished Mass Effect last night, after oh, a couple of years of putting it off. It took dedication to really get into it, but once you get past the initial couple of hours (Post-Citadel, to be specific), the game really takes off. I played as a Renegade Adept, and found it to be a pretty great mix for success. Problems were solved either by A) Being a dick, or B) Being a dick and telepathically throwing an enemy across the room. Once I got into the exploration aspect of the game, I became sort of obsessed with hitting every possible side-mission. I didn't get to do all of them, which will probably result in a second playthrough ( I liked it that much). Couple of issues; 1) the MAKO controls SUCK. They seriously need to fix that in the sequel. 2) Too easy to break the flow of the game. I did some of the planets out of order, which resulted in breaking up what should have been an epic three hour storyline run across the span of an entire playthrough. Also, please fix the loading times next game out. Thx.
3. I recently read Ian Flemming's complete James Bond short story collection. This has resulted in a rekindled obsession for all things old-school Bond. I really wish there was another game akin to From Russia With Love that played up the 60's world of espionage. Only, you know, better. I would absolutely love to see a 60's-era Bond FPS that combines elements from the Connery/Moore run. Blofeld, Jaws, Scaramanga, SPECTRE, etc. Like Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, only, again, better.
4. Finally saw District 9. There's not much that can be said besides between that and Moon, this has been a fantastic summer for Sci-Fi. Blomkamp is too good for Halo. Give him a Half-Life movie and let him roll.
5. Speaking of badmouthing der Haloes, I can't stop watching "We are ODST". That does not mean I'll be buying the game. Oh God, no. I got burned on Halo 3 thanks to the "Believe" campaign, and as the saying goes, fool me once... well, fuck Halo.