In honor of the ending of EVO, its only fitting to end it with a fighting game blog. Fighting games can be in the 2d or 3ds plane, or sprite or model based. But what needs to be constant in a fighting game is, it must be balanced, fun, deep, and or challenging.
Fighting Games Based on a Manga
Jump Ultimate Stars (DS)
- Imagine the craziest cross over fighter, add manga characters, alot of ridiculous special moves, and you pretty much sum up this game. It had me enthralled for weeks on end where I would do everything I could to 100 percent it. Its a fighting game with a lot of content.
Yes, its nuts
[img]One Piece Gigant Battle 2 (DSS)[/img] - Made by the same dev who made Jump Ultimate Stars, it keeps the same general gameplay which is why I like this game so much. It also has more characters than even console One Piece games have.
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (WII)
- A lot of people like the Budokai games over the Tenkaichi games. I am not one of those people. I must of put 100 hours into unlocking everything and putting dream scenerios together. Like what if omega shenron killed everyone and I had to kill him with master roshi........things like that. FYI, I did.
Fighting Games Based on how much fun you could have at a party
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (WII)
- The third is my favorite simply because PIT and Sonic are in it. I dont have to explain the gameplay since everyone knows it. But I spend over 100 hours getting every sticker, achievement, trophy. When I beat boss rush mode on intense it was one of the greatest gaming moments ever.
Power Stone 2 (Dreamcast)
- Time flies when your creating weapons. There has never been a time when ive had all the weapons. I get the light stone, I cant get the lumberjack axe, I get the lumberjack axe but I cant get devil wings, ect. 4 on 4 madness, its the perfect party fighting game because in what other game could you kill someone using an xbuster, while they are on a scooter being chased by a panther?
- No one, not even the game's creator, knows what M.U.G.E.N. stands for, but the ultimate mash-up game made for the PC is literally the craziest thing ever. The epic battle of Peter Griffin, Superman, and Friezavs. Homer Simpson, Batman, and Ryu still haunts me.
Fighting Games Based on how much you could dominate at an arcade
Street Fighter 2 (Everything)
- The first fighting game where I went whoa, I want to own people at this game. And I did for a long time with ryu, ken, sagat. It also made me realize when I could play this on the SNES, arcades in the US would never recover.
quarter half turn.
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (N64/PSX)
- I memorized every fatality, animality, babality, brutality for all 40 characters. Thats how into the game I was. It didnt matter who I choose I would still own anyone I played at this game.
Samurai Shodown (Arcade/PS/3DO/Game Boy/Sega/Neo Geo/SNES)
- A game set in 18th century crazy japan, its a fighting game very much weapon based. Weapons I tried to master and own people with.
Remember this is not a top 10 list. It's just some of my favorite fighters. There is no right or wrong.
What are your favorite fighters?