Long time Destructoid user, first time blogger!
This is DEFINITELY NOT my Turning Point gaming rig. In fact, if it resided in any certain place, it wouldn't be at the "Turning Point", it would be at the "Point of no return" which I am told is a street-corner in Harlem with gang bangers and prostitutes just standing there...Waiting for you to look at them wrong.
That is my computer. A prostitute that is waiting for you to look at her wrong. So she can shank you in the back and then laugh at you while you try and limp to safety.
Safety in this case being the "Turning Point" gaming rig. It saves lives. It is that good.
So I am entering a picture of my completely shoddy rig so that I may be saved by the Holy Jeebus of computers - the "Turning Point" gaming rig!
Also, product placement for DASANI, Alltel and the Smithsonian Museum!
And yes, all three of those items ARE faster than my "gaming rig" -- hell, let's not kid ourselves. This is not a gaming rig. This is a PC suitable for browsing that I happen to use to play games -- while getting 15 FPS doing so.
If you look closely at my desktop, you'll see games like the "Dawn of War" series (minus Soul Storm, which I haven't gotten yet...), WoW (which I don't play anymore...), Guild wars (ditto.), CoH, and Black & White 2. The only problem is that while I CAN play these games - I play them under immense lag on medium settings.
My computer sucks.
So for all those who were expecting a pretty face - you've clearly been let down. And for those of you who are naive enough to think "It is what's on the inside that counts!" - please, who are you fooling? The guts are worse than the skin that surrounds them! Here's my specs: Laugh hard. Laugh fucking hard.
- OS: Windows Vista Home Premium (which holds my gaming back EVEN further, YAY!) 32 bit version.
- Motherboard: AMD.
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 2X Dual Core 5000+ @ 2.6 Ghz (Probably the best part of my 'puter, sadly.)
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1200 Series. (Suck.)
- Hard Drive: 320 GB 7500rpm P.O.S. (The P.O.S does NOT stand for "Pretty OutStanding", either.)
- Sound card: Integrated. (Cry.)
- Power Supply: 350W junker. (Can't even update my graphics card with this in the way.)
- Monitor: 19", I believe. (I say "I believe" because it's like 4 years old and I'm too lazy to measure it. Also, for comedic effect, my dxdiag logs insult me by calling my monitor "Generic
PnP monitor". Thanks, asshole!)
- Speakers: No idea. They suck and crackle when I turn the sound up or down. Ugh. They too are 4+ years old.
- Mouse/Keyboard: Wireless Microsoft 4000 keyboard, 5000 mouse. Just got these the other day for like $70. They're alright.
So there you have it. I haven't been able to play a "new" game since...Well, I've actually never been able to. I've been trying to save up for a computer (and failing due to teh poorz), but since I saw this, I've decided to publicly humiliate myself by posting this in hopes of winning the monster rig!
Thanks for viewing! Try not to /mock me too hard, and congratulations to whoever wins this awesome PC!