Book of the Past:
I originally got into gaming when my brother broke his collarbone from a stupid skateboarding stunt my father allowed him to do ("Hey, son, won't it be cool if you hold onto the back of my car as I drive around town!?"). As a get well soon gift, my parents bought him a NES, from which his gaming days began. Me, I just enjoyed watching him play, mostly RPGs until I tried them myself eventually. My first game was Dragon Quest and I remember quitting shortly after the first dragon killed me. lol
Since then, though, I have enjoyed games for multiple reasons, mostly because I love stories and characters...and games are the perfect way for me to experience the hard work and strife that the characters have to go through. It's fun and I feel like I can play a part in their story. It's a much better story than mine.
My favorite RPGs of the past are (in no certain order):
Shadow Hearts 1 & 2
The guys over at Dengeki were all excited about receiving one of the first copies of the finished Complete Strategy Guide book that they took several photos of it as they held the book open. lol
A quick recap for what to expect from the complete strategy guide that will be released on April 10th:
* Art Gallery: Includes package and publicity illustrations by character designer Fujisaka Kimihiko, cute “chibi” Twitter icons illustrated by Yokoo Yukiko, as well as the collaboration illustrations of Zero and Mikhail for “Lord of Vermilion 3 Ark-cell”, illustrated by Fujisaka Kimihiko and Takagi Masafumi. Other illustrations by Ayakura Juu (haino), Tanno Shinobu, palo, fukahire, MAYA, Morii Shizuki, and Yaegashi Nan.
** There will also be some illustrations of the Utahime Sisters in Japanese high school uniforms as they relax in the evening at a family restaurant. They’re calling this the “DOD3 Campus”. lol
* DOD1.3: This is a novel that will explore an alternate DOD1 as it follows the events in DOD3. In this reality, there are no “contracts” or “pacts” between humans and dragons… So it will be very interesting how this will affect Caim & Angel’s relationship.
* Detailed information on the various branches in the story, which leads to each ending.
* Complete schematics on all weapons and items, including information on how to acquire every weapon and trophy.
* The Perfect Strategy Guide in Three Parts: 1.) System Strategy Guide: Includes special methods and techniques on how to clear each mission.
2.) Mission Strategy Guide: Includes locations of every treasure chest on the map and further details about each mission. Accord’s Request Missions are also listed here.
3.) The Data Corner: Includes information on weapons and items, the various DLCs, and trophies.
* “The Last Song” Cheat Sheet: There will also be a helpful guide somewhat like a musical score that will help to clear the final stage.
* Weapon Materials and Proper Timing: Includes information on when and how far to upgrade certain weapons to make the process of levelling up each weapon easier.
Also, don’t forget about the nice fan kit they put together for us to help advertise the release of the complete guide. You can find this and more on Dengeki’s main site for the guide book: