I don't think that's the conventional "10 Things Blog Picture" because it doesn't show my face, but it's literally the best and most recent picture I have of myself. Anyway, here are some things you don't know about me (I hope)!
1. I'm tiny. I don't measure my height or weigh myself ever, but I'm pretty sure I have not grown since my sophomore year of high school. The majority of the clothes I bought in high school still fit...
If I were to guess I'm maybe 5-and-a-half feet tall and weigh around 130 pounds. I'm really small. People often say I look like I'm 16-17. I don't know what happened! I ate all my fruits and vegetables ;_;
2. I don't drink or smoke. I'm not one of those punk rockers who's "straight edge" and whatnot. I'm not cool enough for that. I just don't like smoking because it makes your teeth gross and I don't drink because I've had so many poor experiences dealing with drunken people acting like jerks in my life. No offense to you if you do either! I just don't see the point of either.
I really hope I didn't sound too much like a dick there. And I do realize the Drinky Crow avatar is a little misleading.
3. I'm a Saved by the Bell addict. This started in high school. Every morning TBS would show several episodes of Saved by the Bell, and I watched it while I got ready for school. Then high school ended and I was STILL waking up at like 7AM to watch 2 hours of Saved by the Bell. I'd still do it, but they moved the show to Sunday mornings, so I just bought the DVDs. I've probably memorized entire scripts for about 75% of the series.
Original series is the best, College Years was good and should've went on longer, and I've never seen The New Class and I don't want to.
Oh, and I dressed up as Zack Morris for Halloween once.
4. I play guitar but I'm not really doing anything with it. I've been playing the guitar for about 8 years and I'm pretty confident in my abilities. I'm not good enough to write my own stuff, but I'm all right at learning songs fairly quickly. I went to a few guitar recitals when I was younger and even played in my high school's jazz band, but I had such bad stage fright that I screwed up stuff I could play perfectly in front of my friends. Guess I'm never gonna be a famous musician.
5. I collect movie tickets. Started doing this back in 1999, and now I have the ticket stub from every movie I've been to since then. Apparently, I saw the first Twilight movie. I don't remember that at all.
6. I listen to a lot of Korean pop music. I don't listen to much music at all, as most of the content on my Zune is movies or podcasts. But if I am listening to music on there, it'll probably be some K-pop. 2NE1 is my favorite.
7. I listen to a lot of Space Jam mash-ups. I guess you could say Icollectthemtoo. I don't know how or why this started, but I just began saving every mash-up of Space Jam on the internet I could find. Those Youtube playlists don't cover them all, I've got a folder with 700+ of them on my computer. I plan on passing this folder down to all my descendants.
8. I had an afro for a year. I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I grew an afro in like 2000 because I thought it looked cool. But it wasn't fucking cool. It was heavy and made my head really hot. So I'm not doing that again.
9. I cannot stand being barefoot. I don't know how people do it. The thought of putting my bare feet on the floor, ground, whatever just grosses me out so much. It's dirty! So I wear socks almost all the time. I'm really only barefoot when I'm taking a shower.
10. I committed some vandalism before. When I was young(er) and dumb(er) my friends and I got a kick out of breaking glass bottles in the middle of the night and smashing car windows and running away. This phase lasted for about a week until we got really paranoid about getting caught and stopped. So if any police are reading this...it was not me.