I figured it was time to bare my heart and soul to the dtoid community. I've seen these "10 things" posts sprouting up like wild fire, and it seems like a pretty cool idea to get to know your fellow gamers/perverts. So here goes nothing.
1. I was born Nathan Ray Kleewein on March 18, 1978 (that makes me OLD). I've lived in Colorado my entire life. While I may have contemplated moving to other parts of this vast country, I've never been able to convince myself that there is any other state I could ever possibly live in or is as great as the 303.
2. I lived and toured with my all-time favorite punk band for the greatest 4 years of my life. RIP Pinhead Circus.
3. I am addicted to tattoos. I love them and if it were financially possible, my entire body would be covered. But alas, I only have been able to afford 10 at the moment. My dream tattoo would be an Akira inspired legging.
4. I became a proud parent of the most beautiful baby girl on the planet on Oct 3rd 2007. This also happens to be my wife's birthday. Oh, and our anniversary is Oct. 2nd. I struck gold!
5. Much like tattoos, I also have an (un)healthy obsession with novels of the fantasy variety. Which is why I collect more books than video games. 2 of my favorite authors are Terry Brooks and Robert Jordan (RIP)
6. I didn't find out I was adopted until I was 17, whilst preparing to leave on a school trip to Russia. Not only did I find out my dad wasn't my biological father, but my real
biological father was a Saudia Arabian hospital administrator, naturally, living in Saudi Arabia. We've never met or talked. Ever.
7. When I first went to college after graduating high school, I was studying psychology with a minor in English. Ironically, I have been working as database integration specialist for the last 5 years.
8. I delivered pizzas for a company called Blackjack Pizza for 8 years. I was the best they had (or ever will have as far as I'm concerned). I loved it, and if I was paid what I make now working with computers, I would do it full time.
9. I used to make my own fireworks. Not so much as of late. Thanks a BUNCH 9/11 and Homeland Security!
10. Not really special or interesting but I build all of my computers from scratch.