Welcome to the home of PlayStation Friday Night Fights.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Looking back at the google album I use for these FNF header images (so I can edit and upload them ahead of time), I found that the first image I used it for was to say that Capcom was bullshit. And here we are, with them spectacularly missing the point again. There's already DLC announced for DmC. They made a point about it not being on the disc, but there's also gameplay footage from it two months before the game is released. The chance of this not being content excised from the game to bleed some extra money out of gamers is approximately nil.
I've been one of DmC's defenders by default, because so much of the criticism leveled at it has come from people that haven't played it, haven't seen it in person, and have been saying the same things about it since they saw the first promo image. This, though, from a company that pledged to change their exploitive DLC practices, is another matter entirely.
So how about fuck you, Capcom? Oh, free with a preorder? Yeah, don't care.
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games. FNF is an event run by and for the community, so everyone is welcome to join. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that might be required.
If you want to play, we need to know who you are. Leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN ID. You should also send a PSN friend request to the hosts, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, don't just sit there and whine about it. Anyone can host a game for FNF! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.