Welcome to the home of PS3 Friday Night Fights here at Destructoid.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event here at Destructoid where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Preheat oven to 400 F. Rinse chicken, pat dry, trim the really disgusting blobs of fat and unnecessary flappy skin bits, then place in baking dish. Brush with olive oil then sprinkle on the other stuff in limited amounts.
Weight (lbs.) x 15 = Baking Time
Bake for half of baking time at 400, lower temp to 350 for second half of baking time minus five minutes. Turn on your oven broiler for 4-5 minutes at the end to make sure the skin is crisp and brown. When it's done, push a fork in deep to make sure the juice comes out clear.
I finally got around to watching Avengers. I had put it off because I think Joss Whedon is hack and I honestly kind of wish I kept waiting. Every line in Avengers is smug and completely lacking in charm. I don't know how someone managed to make that collection of hot people completely repellant, but he found a way. Unsurprisingly, this is what I thought of everything else he's done too, so there's that. I have just never heard scripts so in love with their own assumption of cleverness while, at the same time, completely failing to be clever. The action scenes happen but ultimately mean nothing because the resolution to the movie is somewhere else, seemingly miles away even though it's at the center, with two people standing on a rooftop basically unopposed, waiting to hit the win switch.
Here's some news for you: The best version of Hotline Miami is the one on Playstation Vita. Seriously, who saw that coming? It perfectly merges the touch screen with the physical controls. Want to look further? Pull the screen in the direction you want to see. To lock on to someone, you can use a button if you feel like slumming it, or you can just tap them on the screen instead of screwing around with aiming. It has cross buy and the PS3 version just doesn't hold up. I've played the PC version too, and I didn't really like the feel of the mouse vs. the movement. It plays better with a dual stick setup, and the touch screen, of all things, makes it work best on Vita. I really never thought I'd be praising touch screen stuff.
Welcome to the Playstation side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
The Last of Us with Trev Time: 10:30pm
Fireflies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a bucket of smelly turds > hunters
Payday: The Heist Time: 1am
PSN: ElZilcho / CornflakeJustice
Team 1: Me (Oppressed Dinosaur-American looking for payback) Thyme (is on my side) Kimiko (I'm thinking Sean Bean in Ronin here) Clockwork (knows pork chops come from dead pigs; loves pork chops)
Team 2 (Team A. The Fighting Mongooses): Cornflake (No, no. Wait. SAXual relations) Three other people. Get in here.