Welcome to the home of PS3 Friday Night Fights here at Destructoid.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event here at Destructoid where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
I went and found this clearly awesome--six fucking barrels--picture and then was going to work this week's theme around it, but I can't. There's just not anything else to say about it. Just take a moment to enjoy the absurdity of everything going on there.
We tried something a little different last week and we're trying something else this week. The colored text was apparently difficult for some people to see on a black background, because they read the site with something horrible like bright text on a dark background. This time, we've got fancy bars under the game images to indicate platform. I would have liked to make them different colors, but Sony loves its blue wavy shit. I tried doing some color juju with photoshop, but I wasn't really down with the results. Blue is fine. They're different blues with different patterns and they also just have the platform written on them in pixely fonts. It's not like you have to guess.
And here's one more for dumb shit. Rev3 offered someone waiting in line for the Xbone a PS4 and a copy of Battlefield 4, but in exchange they had to give up their place in line. They agreed. The box was empty and it was a PC copy of BF4. Obviously, the person didn't give up their place in line, but I can't help but say it: what a bunch of fucking dickheads to call that a joke. I mean, fucking really. It's so clever, tricking people by lying to them, then watching them get excited about something and then handing them a fuck you. You want a PS4? Yeah. Okay, here! This box is really light. That's because it's empty! Where do they come up with genius stuff like this.
Welcome to the Playstation side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
Soul Sacrifice with maizewaferlawfulness Time 8pm
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend with cerealshavingfairness Time 9:30pm
Dragon's Crown with Shin Time 10pm
Blocking the magic with the large shields in the first room of the Mage's Tower opens a secret door and there is a gold chest behind it.
The Last of Us with Kim Time 10:30pm
Grand Theft Auto Online with Trev Time 11pm
Beach Party. New vehicles (not bad), clothes (not impressed), hairstyles (keeping my mohawk), weapons (pretty sweet), and shenanigans (not new but we'll have some anyway). We'll be by the skate park killing each other with broken bottles and bike accidents.