I've been playing games with emotes, but the emotes aren't very good. They're entertaining, but none of them are the Dark Souls finger point. None of them have the attitude they need, that attitude being depicted above. Shit is on.
And that's as far as I got before deciding to go to bed. I woke to find my internet is broken, so you've been spared an intentionally dumb commentary on game emotes and instead get a short story about how I'm doing this all through my phone. That's the story. Hopefully I'm back online by game time.
Welcome to the Playstation side of Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
The Last of Us with Kimiko Time 9:00pm
Bring your mics. This game really needs them.
The Last of us with Kimiko (and DLC!) Time 10:00pm
A second session with DLC. Please have the Abandoned Territories maps if you join this one.
Toukiden: The Age of Demons with Clockwork Time 10:00pm
Dragon's Crown with Shin Time 10:00pm
This'll be the end of things as all I need is to beat the Infernal Ancient Dragon. (Don't forget about the Labyrinth of Chaos, and Crossplay with the Vita version -Trev)
Killzone: Shadow Fall with Defenestrator Time 10:00pm
Earth Defense Force 2025 with Clockwork Time 11:00pm
Grand Theft Auto Online with Nanashi Time 12:30am
Warframe with Trev Time 1:00am
Since this is a late game and there haven't been many joiners outside a regular group, this will start whenever we get out of GTA.
About PS FNF One of us since 12:46 AM on 09.05.2011
Welcome to the home of PlayStation Friday Night Fights.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.