Welcome to the home of PlayStation Friday Night Fights.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Only the neckbeardy dude is, like, a helicopter or something.
I had planned to write a parody letter to Overkill this week, being a jerk about how they were MAGing it up and patching their game into the fucking ground while insisting it was both a "work in progress" and was "released 100% complete and on-time", but something else came up.
Some people were fucking livid over there being microtransactions in Grand Theft Auto Online. I have no idea why. I really don't. They've tried to explain it to me, but it comes across as petty and jealous of someone having some imaginary shit that you will still acquire, but slightly later.
The FNF group on Social Club already has over the maximum members for a game in it and what people do in their game has no impact on yours at all. If they have something you don't and took the easy way to get it, it doesn't invalidate you doing it the hard way, the correct way. We all acknowledge we aren't going to no-lifers and play it obsessively for days at a time and, at the same time, we know that there are people out there that will. No one here is clinging to the delusion that they're going to be number one, so someone else acquiring something before us is downright inevitable. It will happen an hour after you stop playing on day one. Hell, if you have anything to do but sit and refresh your online store of choice, it will have happened before you even start playing. That doesn't cheapen anything for you, so why does somebody taking an easy way to get it? You will still have worked for it.
What are they going to do? Show up in your game and kill you with all the skills they didn't develop by not playing the game because they just bought cash packs? It's the people that have played to earn everything that will really mess you up, because they'll have accumulated the resources and honed their skills. What's next? Are you going to do, not buy Battlefield 4 because you might get pub stomped sometimes? People will have shit before you in that too. And will you even notice outside the first week or two? I really doubt it.
I just can't understand the outrage beyond seeing someone else with something you want, and even then it's just a game. Find a new match if you aren't having fun.
Cool Frog and Dolphin, guys. Cool Frog and Dolphin.
Welcome to the Playstation side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.