I am your new PS FNF hostess for this week, and I hope you will all welcome me with open arms and guns blazing. This is my first time writing for the FNF blog, as well as being my very first C-Blog! So try to not rip me a new one if I mess it up too badly ;)
I recently bought myself a PS4, and I must admit everything about it makes me happy. The one thing that bugs me is the inability to have multiple output sources for the audio, so I cannot have my headphones use optical audio (and chat) and my TV use HDMI audio. At least, I haven't figured it out quite yet... Not a deal breaker, but it was something the PS3 supported, but I also know the headset support was a little lacking to begin with. As for games, I've been playing a TON of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and having waaay more fun with it than I should. The parkour always bugs me, but now that I figured out that holding 'R2' with 'X' or 'O' makes you jump farther/higher ('X') or shorter/lower ('O') than normal has made playing it a bit easier. I can now direct Kenway to go more or less where I want him. I don't yell at the screen *quite* so much anymore when walking around.
And berserk darts are so damn broken. 'Oh, an assassination contract where I get a bonus for avoiding combat? Guess I'll just blowdart him and let him fight his own men.' Then, even if they win, they still die. It feels like cheating to use them. Ah well, on to the games tonight! I'll be joining for Battlefield 4 (PS4) if you want to hear me yell expletives at the enemy :)
And Ninja Turtles are apparently a thing that is happening. Is Michael Bay married to Megan Fox or something...?
Welcome to the Playstation side of Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host and mention your username here in the message so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine with thymeparadox Time 8:00 p.m.
Once you've unlocked the armor customizer at level 4, paint your helmet "scorpion green" and join our chapter of Destructoid Marines. Any other customization you'd like is fair game; making anything more specific was too hard anyway.
Starhawk with Nanashi Time 9:00 p.m.
If no one shows, the giant mech show ends early
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma with ClockworkZombie Time 9:00 p.m.
If its not the right image... live with it :p
Battlefield 4 with TheDefenestrator Time 9:00 p.m.
About PS FNF One of us since 12:46 AM on 09.05.2011
Welcome to the home of PlayStation Friday Night Fights.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.