Welcome to the home of PlayStation Friday Night Fights.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
As with most holiday weekends, everything is a little harder to plan. Some people are gone, others don't know when they'll be getting back, lots of people have things to do and like to do them on their three-day weekend. But there are still games to play, and what better time to hang around with some friends and have drinks and fun than today? There being a few wires in between doesn't really matter, does it?
Have a happy Fourth, everyone.
Welcome to the Playstation side of Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host and mention your username here in the message so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
Battlefield 4 with Defenestrator Time 11:00pm
I'll probably be on early if I'm bored but I'll start late for the people who have actual responsibilities and shit.
Grand Theft Auto Online with Clockwork Time 11:00pm (Tentatively)
The time should really be "after fireworks" but this is a good estimate.
Warframe with Trev Time Maybe
I don't normally do vague times, but FNF doesn't usually start at 11. There's a 24 hour catalyst alert that we might want to pick up, for those that haven't by then. I don't know if we'll even get to Warframe or just mess around in GTA. If you're new and wanted to get some WF time with us, come back next week and we'll pick you up then.